General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaking of riding The Dragon...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 06:36 PM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of riding the Dragon.... I have been divorced from her 10 years! hehheh
Beautiful photography, thanks for sharing GAGirl. l.ray

Old 08-11-2008, 06:53 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by wifatboy
I bet.... damn girl.
Got your attention didn't it? And you have a dirty mind.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Oh, and the Phillips Motel is a great and economical place to stay right in Robbinsville. It's a little Mom and Pop place and is very clean and comfortable.

The TSP are definitely a presence there so do keep in mind that the speed limit is 30.
Me and the wife were down there back in June and we stayed at the Phillips too. You're right. A friendly and affordable place. Alot of riders stay there and we met a few who were just great people. Especially this fella named Ray who is a trucker from Kentucky. Told us about his ride on the Alcan Highway in Alaska! Now that's a serious trip. The Dragon was a blast and yes, the THP is dead serious about enforcement. Gotta be that way I guess, what with all the make believe racers and such doing their Isle of Man routine. I was happy enough just to ride the whole Smokies area before returning north via the BRP. We have got to get down there again. BTW. A great restaurant in Robbinsville is Ruby's down on the main drag right across from the San Ran Motel. Wonderful folks there too.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:44 PM
roadking1893
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Severalof my buddies rode it last week June, the ride there was 583 miles it was worth every mile. Rode the Dragon three times along with the great roads in the area. Going back there for 49 "B" last week end of Sept. I liked it so much I am actually thinking of retiring early and move to TN. Don't let those who rates the Dragon with negative remarks. Ride it and enjoy the country side. By the way when we rode it, it was 9 or so in the morning not much traffice and late evening the same it was so slow then the photo guys "killboy and us129" took 12 photos of us. Ride it you'll want to do it again. Like a beer one is not good enough.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Moondognyc
Tourer

Loved it... Must do it again..and again and again..........

Attached Thumbnails Speaking of riding The Dragon...-tailkillboy.jpg  
Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Originally Posted by Moondognyc
Loved it... Must do it again..and again and again..........
And that's a great Dragon photo.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:29 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for the post.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
tallboy56
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default One night sta...

As a matter of fact, I am special...but the wife is the talker...she got it set up and they even upgraded us to a private bath room in the lodge.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Wow, you must be special. We stayed there last time - three nights and had a fairly large group. Asked if they would house the group again for one night and they refused citing the two night minimum on weekends, so we took our business elsewhere and the Phillips Motel was glad to have us and we didn't have to ride 12 miles into town with staying there. But yes, the Ironhorse is very nice.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:34 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Originally Posted by tallboy56
As a matter of fact, I am special...but the wife is the talker...she got it set up and they even upgraded us to a private bath room in the lodge.
Cool

Old 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

I went this year for the first time, and stayed at the Iron Horse for 3 nights. Loved it. We tent camped off our bikes, and the site I had was fantastic, nice little bubbling creek right beside it, trees, and the lodge just a couple steps away. The Dragon is cool, and I bet the Skyway is too, but it was so stinkin' foggy when we rode it I couldn't see 5 feet in front of me. The Blue Ridge Parkway is amazing though. What a beautiful part of the country. We strayed from the slab on the way down, and found some incredible roads in WV. Here's a couple shots:

My campsite at the Iron Horse

Just before trying out the Dragon, it was raining all day which meant it wasn't crowded at all:

Stopping on the Cherehola Skyway, fog was thick and FREEZING, heated grips FTMFW

Don't mind the hideous bikes, the BRP is unbelievable. Perfect cruiser road.

Quick Reply: Speaking of riding The Dragon...