General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Funeral Etiquette and Dress

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:38 AM
vega823
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family is large and we have a few Harley riders in the clan. Unfortunately, we have our share of wakes and funerals and I can't remember a single time that anyone ever made a comment about how someone was dressed. The only concern that I would have if I were you would be the weather. If you get caught in a thunderstorm, then there WILL be comments made about showing up dripping wet!
Condolences to you and the family of the little girl.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:38 AM
2kanzam
Tourer

In the past 6 months I have ridden my bike to my both of my grandparents funerals In casual dress pants and a button up shirt....my bike is loud and no one blinked an eye.

In fact I just went to my Uncle's funeral last week and my cousin (his dad) was like "DUDE! Why didn't you ride your bike so we could go for a ride after!?!?"....It looked like it was gonna rain so i left it at home, didn't wanna get my work clothes all dirty.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:01 PM
neonhomer
Road Captain

Well, I just got home from the service. Besides being standing room only (a lot of people showed up!!!) it was a great service. No one cared that I rode the bike, and a few people commented on the bike as well (the usual "Nice bike" or "Nice Harley").

I couldn't go in the chapel. I don't think I would have been able to handle it. I finally did it when I went up to shake my friend's hand again before I left. I flashed a quick glance and lost it. I guess being a father and seeing a child lying there was too much. I walked away, hugged and said goodbye to her mother, and left.

Thanks to all who posted and helped me with this.