General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Stop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Complete Stop?

Bigdog........no need to apologize to anyone.Someones ragging about you & yours.You have the right to rag back.You LEOs got it tuff,in the spotlight no matter what you do.Good or bad.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Harley Al
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wish the LEO's would see how fast I can stop and go! and put my feet down, it only takes a split sec!!! But if they blink? ticky time!

Do I argue with this, Hell yes!

I do respect the MEN in Blue, but give a Man or Women a break....go get the BAD People!

And Leave the the rest uf us alone!

Ride Safe!

Old 03-20-2006, 12:03 AM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow what a long thread - 2 things

1 - Put yer frigin foot down when ya stop or you will eventually eat dirt

2 - Respect all LEO's - or you can resonably expect the same result as number 1

Cheer for the "DARE" car running in the Stock division - All American Soap Box Derby Glens Falls, NY June 3erd an 4th

Old 03-20-2006, 12:10 AM
swedishvix
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a little info on the Laughlin, Bullhead City area. Laughlin Run is coming up. Bullhead, Ft. Mohave, Tribal & Mohave Valley police will ticket you for 1 mile over the speed limit & for rolling stops. You will see aprox. 2-3 police in a 5 mile stretch on Highway 95. You will also see at least 2 accidents a day. Just be careful driving through.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I have purposely stayed out of this post. As the Administrator of this forum and a retired LEO I could get into some trouble if I told you what I really thought. When I took my drivers test about 100 years ago in Ohio I was told that to be safe you should be able to count to three when you stop to make sure that your vehicle is completely stopped and you have time to look both ways. I was a COP for 24 years and never wrote a ticket to a motorcyclist. I can also say that I've been in 48 states on my Harley and have only been pulled over three times. I was at fault all three times and it had nothing to do with not putting my feet down at a stop sign. I personally don' even know a cop that would write a ticket for that. Pull a wheelie or do a burn out and your going to draw attention to yourself. The reason you see cop cars at the donut shop is because they give away free coffee (not donuts). Try driving around for 8 hours between midnight and 8 in the morning when there is nothing moving at all and you will understand why. We get free coffee and sometimes a discount on our food because the owners like having uniformed cops in their establishments. And yes, I gave other cops a break if I pulled them over. I paid $22,500 for my bike in 2001 but the guy that built it could have gotten it much cheaper on the Harley employee plan. Is that fair? Hell yes it is. My best friend works at the Cable Co. and gets free cable and internet access. I pay $107.00 a month so I can talk to you guys at the speed of light.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bsea

Bigdog,

Many of the public simply have not a clue what we go through to do the job and protect them. There should have been no offense taken by anything you said, you were just voicing your opinion. Not only that, but someone hijacked the thread onto this topic anyway.

I know what you are going through, and you have my prayers. Stay stong, and stay safe.

Bill
I've seen "Cop Rock".

I know what you guys really do

I'd like to say that I am happy to see LEO's speed. How are you gonna find the bad guys if you are hanging around behind me all day!
You guys do what you need to do, and be careful!

[sm=smiley10.gif] Sheriff Smiley is watching!