Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:07 PM
powaypete
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsterBob
If ya got the money and can afford the price tag, spend on....Unfortunately I have to live on a budget and got an Excelled jacket for $65 at the Navy Exchange.....That was in '84 but the jacket still sees service when the temp creeps below 45-deg.....Only YOU can make that decision!
Totally agree, Got mine at the NEX in 79. Still works and keeps me toasty during the winter. Yea, it's been sewn up a few times. Good thick leather and made in the USA. If you can find on, get it.

Last edited by powaypete; 08-22-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:09 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought my leather jacket at an indie shop 15-20 years ago. It's a basic no-famous-name one and it has served me quite well over the years. I think it was around $100. After looking at LegendaryUSA I feel really cheap.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by powaypete
Totally agree, Got mine at the NEX in 79. Still works and keeps me toasty during the winter. Yea, it's been sewn up a few times. Good thick leather and made in the USA. If you can find on, get it.
Back in ancient history, Excelled leather was the way to go......Don't even know if the brand is still alive nowadays but the jacket and me still are....But in all seriousness, get what suits your style/budget and go with it!

Old 08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SIXR
32 bucks for a leather jacket? Has to be a piece of crap.
But it comes with a free pair of boots.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:57 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't think I'd buy a $32 coat unless I was able to take a look at it. Hell, maybe it's a steal. My first leather coat was a Wilson. My second a logoed HD. The Wilson was much better quality and much lower price. It's my preferred winter coat.

Matter of fact don't think I'd ever buy a coat I couldn't try on first, even foxcreek. Don't want to be bothered with having to return it, even if they have a liberal return policy. Just me.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:48 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by PastorTom
Go to Fleet/Farm and buy an Interstate leather jacket for $150.. it will last ya a lifetime (unless ya fall down alot)
&nbsp\\;
I agree especially if price is a factor. I got mine from motosport.com and got free shipping.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:06 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've seen some cheap leather jackets that have the flexibility of cardboard. Seems the higher priced stuff has a softer feel to it. Suit yourself.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Chaos
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine at a discount store, kind of like a flea market type place. Heavy as hell, good zippers and snaps, and well designed. (tight zipper sleeve cuffs, belt around waist, good double flap design to keep the wind out) Cost $100

Old 08-22-2008, 11:22 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by solowrider
they are made in new jersey, by Indians from India

Don't know if you are serious or not but I would not be surprised. I don't know if it makes much difference to buy a product made in a foreign country by foreigners or buy a product made in the USA by foreigners. I guess I need to look for the union label so at least the foreigners would be legal.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:38 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

I have a heavy, leather bike jacket that's great for cold weather riding, but really pretty much sucks in the summer. I wanted a nice leather jacket for warm weather, so, I went to Leatherup (because I always see their ads here p ot says 50% off Harley boots, but they don't actually have any Harley boots - but, that's another topic).

Anyway, I found this jacket and it looks like exactly what I want. There are some good reviews on it, so I ordered one (haven't got it yet - comes Tuesday). They have a lot of other choices as well, and the prices are very reasonable.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...esh/42502.html

Quick Reply: Leather Jacket