Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying shirts from places you've never been

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:19 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JBaker421
I've been to the HRC in Paris several times but I don't have the t shirt. It's about half way between the Louvre Museum and the Moulin Rouge/Montmartre area, all within walking distance.
+1

Been to the ones in Bahrain and Malaysia too.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:56 PM
57springer57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only buy/wear shirts from places i have been

Old 08-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Ashes95
Advanced

Originally Posted by hdokie
so what do you think of buying shirt online. Harley shirts that is, is it ok with you? dosent matter? who cares just say you been there.
My wife went out of town and stopped by a HD store and bought me a shirt, should I NOT wear it because I haven't been there? Yeah right, she would kick my a** if I didn't wear it. At least 20 people asked a friend of mine who went to Sturgis to bring them back t-shirts. To me it doesn't matter how the individual got the shirt, its thiers.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Malibyte
Tourer

Originally Posted by DesertSpeed
How many people wearing Hard Rock Cafe Paris tees have actually been to Paris?
Hahaha....I have a s**tload of Hard Rock T-shirts from all over the States...each of which I bought after eating or drinking there. I've been to Paris but didn't go to the HRC there.

The two Harley shirts I have are from the local stealerships. At $26-30 apiece, I probably won't be buying too many of them.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:29 AM
ragtyme
Tourer

I took a 3 week trip cross country a couple years ago and stopped at every Harley dealer I could find to buy a shirt, Bragged about my collection to the weekend warriors I ride with. Then a lady in our office went to Hawaii and wanted to know if I wanted a Harley shirt from there.....I said yes. I've got a drawer full now, some were gifts..
Needless to say...it really doesn't matter if you were there personaly, just enjoy the shirt.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:01 AM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had over 30 years of Black HD T shirts from all over the country. Over 100 black Harley t shirts (okay some like the Buffalo,NY MOCO dealer was grey). I kept all if for no other reason then sentimental value. (One is from NC with a big old rebel flag across a picture of the state on the front of the shirt. Don't make that one any more).

It dawned on me one day that when I expire some ***** is probably gonna throw them in the garbage so I gave the bulk of them away to family and freinds and kept a few for myself.

99/100 of the shirts I was there. The one from Alaska was a present from my brother who honeymooned there. It was a cool looking t shirt design.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Buy me a harley shirt, I'll wear it. Who cares whether you've been there or not. I've been to a bunch of harley dealers that I haven't bought a shirt from and I'll probably visit more that I will buy from. I've had friends and relatives buy me shirts from places I'll never go and love to wear them so I can tell the people that ask, "No I haven't been to so and so, they just know about me and send me things."

Old 08-12-2008, 01:47 AM
bfreesun
Road Warrior

How about a special section for the clothes police?
Why would anyone want to advertise the fact that they had eaten at a Hard Rock cafe?
In and Out Burgers, now that's a different story.
Just remembered I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas but only because it was an internet cheapie.
They've got a Nobu there which is excellent.
A friend brought me a tshirt from New Orleans HD which I wear and I've brought him some from Maui, but only if they were on sale, only time I buy Harley T-shirts, or any other Harley clothing. Or on eBay.
Lidl do great quality tshirts 3 for €4.99. Cheaper than a hotel laundry.

My spell checker says T-shirts is correct when I've typed tshirts.

Which is correct?

DILLIGAF
Can we have a discussion

Old 08-12-2008, 02:12 AM
hogx2
Cruiser

i wish mcdonalds sold t-shirts

Old 08-12-2008, 05:48 AM
Heritage70X
Cruiser

I have a couple of HD t-shirts......all bought from E-Bay. Even with the shipping costs they are much cheaper than the stealership prices. Won't put out that kinda cash for a t-shirt !!

Quick Reply: buying shirts from places you've never been