General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the verdict......

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:33 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Default RE: Whats the verdict......

ORIGINAL: Nightster 13

I have a buddy that loves to ride, but is reluctant to ride his bike to events that are predominantly for Harley riders or events that have mainly cruisers.&nbsp\\;
Every run I have&nbsp\\;been on,there has always been some metrics.
Whats the BFD?
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone that harbors ill will towards another rider because of what he rides is an azzhole and not someone I would want to ride with anyway.&nbsp\\; Would be my bet that that the folks doing the judging are riding their first cruiser, can you say "poser"?
&nbsp\\;
Ride what you want.

Old 07-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

Cruisers come in all flavors.&nbsp\\; Azzholes and otherwise.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:08 AM
2kanzam
Tourer

ORIGINAL: grape ape

ORIGINAL: Nightster 13

I have a buddy that loves to ride, but is reluctant to ride his bike to events that are predominantly for Harley riders or events that have mainly cruisers.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; So that brought me to wondering.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Is Buell so closely related to Harley that there is no hard feelings or animosity?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
[sm=dontgetit.gif]&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; No way would there be "hard feelings or animosity" from a group of fellow riders because&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;of&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;what kind of bike someone has.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;It all depends on&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;the person on the bike, not the bike itself.
&nbsp\\;
I'm sorry but, "NO WAY" huh?&nbsp\\; Are you serious?&nbsp\\; I"m not saying that its right or SHOULD happen, or even does all the time....but c'mon its a well known fact that (HISTORICALLY) there is some sort of tension between the two groups.&nbsp\\; I don't see too much bike discrimination around here, but everyone knows that it happens!

Old 07-25-2008, 07:19 AM
grape ape
Tourer

OK, I stand corrected.&nbsp\\; It certainly is possible if you run into a group of real jackazzes, but he's asking about bike events, and there's almost always a mix of bikes at those and I've never seen any problems kick up as a result of the bike someone rides.&nbsp\\; Going to a local biker bar might be a different deal.&nbsp\\; I still maintain that a lot of it is based on the attitude of the rider, not the bike.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:37 AM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member

We have a full patch in our group&nbsp\\; who is more "Biker" then most I meet nowadays..He rides a 77 Honda 750 we built outa an old basket case and some spare parts. It's what HE can afford..Droppen 15k+ atta Harley Dealer doesen't make anybody a Biker..or give em exclusive rights anywhere..
Blessings

Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

99.9% of the events I attend you see just about every make and model bike made for the last thousand years! Yea you may see more HD's, but you will for sure see plenty of jap and euro units....and I aint never seen anyone getting any static for riding in on a Kz1000.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:54 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've gone to bike nights at metric dealers on a Harley and gone to plenty of other events on metrics. Nobody has ever really given me any crap about it, I ride what makes me happy.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Who cares as long as he rides.Now if it shows up in a trailer thats another story

Old 07-25-2008, 04:05 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

ORIGINAL: ebeattie

Dont matter what bike it is, but to answer your question the buell runs a modified EVO motor. Harley enough for me.
&nbsp\\;
Actually, the new (2004 and up) Sportsters run a modified (lower output) version of the (03-07) Buell engine.&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Whats the verdict......