General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on selling a bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
Reg66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on selling a bike

Hi,
&nbsp\\;
If I still owe Harley money on&nbsp\\;my bike and I want to sell it to someone do I have to wait for the title before I can give the bike to the person who buys it. I'm trying to understand how it works if someone buys the bike and I still owe money on it.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks
&nbsp\\;
Bob

Old 07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
DigDeluxe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: question on selling a bike

Hey Bob I sold a 1200 custom that I still owed on the person has to understand that you need to pay off loan before they can get the title. I sold mine for more than i owed and called for the payoff as of five days later sent the money and waited two to three weeks for title. the guy I sold to I just gave a bill of sale stateing amount and went to DMV and transfered registration into his name. when title came just clean with no leans took him his title. should'nt have any problems if both are in agreement

Old 07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
PastorTom
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best way is to just take your title right to the bank holding the lien, have your buyer meet you there with the $$ and pay your lien off at that time.. The bank will give you a lien release which you give to your buyer with the signed title. Otherwise your asking someone to give you $$ for a bike the bank still owns.. You could be dishonest and not pay off the lien and leave him to either pay off the lien as well or give the bank the bike..

Old 07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: PastorTom

The best way is to just take your title right to the bank holding the lien, have your buyer meet you there with the $$ and pay your lien off at that time.. The bank will give you a lien release which you give to your buyer with the signed title. Otherwise your asking someone to give you $$ for a bike the bank still owns.. You could be dishonest and not pay off the lien and leave him to either pay off the lien as well or give the bank the bike..
+1