General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear flat fix on Rocker expensive

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:23 AM
AirCommando
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear flat fix on Rocker expensive

Got a nail in my brand new Rocker rear tire. They are expensive to fix! Now I have a mark on my nice rear wheel.[:@]Plus it cost $315!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:28 AM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rear flat fix on Rocker expensive

I just got a screw in my rear tire on my cross bones, cost 107 bucks to repair at the dealer, but since&nbsp\\;it has a&nbsp\\;tube with the spoke rims I didnt have to worry about the tire itself, plus the dealer picked up the bike from the house.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-23-2008, 10:30 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that we as motorcycle riders take a beating on tire prices. I know that a motorcycle tire supposedly has been really engineered to make it the best but its just a tire. I pay as much or more for a motorcycle tire and it is a third of the tire I run on my truck. Another gripe is the charge for shop labor to mount and balance a tire. I ended up finding a cheaper route to go. I use an Indy.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:33 AM
AirCommando
Cruiser

Well, I was up there on the bike and my chrome debris deflector was in , so I said might as well put in on while you have the bike.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:41 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i`ve been preaching indys for yrs, they are all mostly ex-dealer mech, who just went into bus themselves i just had front and rear tires replaced with metz, and it was a 150 difference

Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dealer charged me $50.00 labor to mount and balance new tire which I purchased from the dealer. A few weeks later hit a pothole from hell and lost the stick on weights.&nbsp\\; Dealer was busy and would try to work it in Sat. morn.&nbsp\\; Indy told me to bring it in and would jump right on it.&nbsp\\; Removed tire and balanced tire to tune of $100.00 labor.[:@]&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Let's see, $50.00 to mount and balance dealer...Indy twice as much to balance only.
&nbsp\\;
Wife's Deluxe needed new tire, tube and rim band...$75.00 labor dealer...
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-23-2008, 11:30 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

wow i charge 35 to mount an balance... your indy is nuts! HD wants 75 a tire... order your tires online take the wheel off and bring it in... easy.&nbsp\\; if you can not pull your own wheel off you should not be riding

Old 07-23-2008, 11:55 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

wow i charge 35 to mount an balance... your indy is nuts! HD wants 75 a tire... order your tires online take the wheel off and bring it in... easy.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; if you can not pull your own wheel off you should not be riding
So, If I don't pull the wheels on our car and take them in for new tires I shouldn't be driving?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Dyna_Soar
Banned

wow i charge 35 to mount an balance... your indy is nuts! HD wants 75 a tire... order your tires online take the wheel off and bring it in... easy.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; if you can not pull your own wheel off you should not be riding
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Sure, I will tell my 71 year old neighbor that if he can't pull the wheel, he should just&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;quit riding.
If you can't take your computer apart, you shouldn't be&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;online&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

wow i charge 35 to mount an balance... your indy is nuts! HD wants 75 a tire... order your tires online take the wheel off and bring it in... easy. \\\\\\; if you can not pull your own wheel off you should not be riding
It ain't rocket surgery fellas.

Quick Reply: Rear flat fix on Rocker expensive