Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lace up boots for summer

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 10:39 PM
jben
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lace up boots for summer

I'm really hitting the posts heavy for my first day. I recently bought a pair of the Harley Pecos western style boots, and like them alot. They're kind of the cowboy style, and all of my riding friends like them. What I want to get though now is a pair of lace up boots for summer riding. I'm thinking maybe something with gore-tex for those occasional wet riding days, but am not sure what to get. I know boots, like alot of things, are very personal clothing items, but would just like to know what some of you have found that you like. I want something that is not too tall, but that does give some ankle protection. I'm not really thinking Harley brand, but give me some ideas of where to look. I kind of like the leather/cordura nylon style lace-ups for breathability, I just don't know which ones. Thanks again for all your help. jben P.S.. They don't have to be gore-tex either, I just want something that will be water proof but not too heavy and hot.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Basz
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lace up boots for summer

I just ordered a pair of 5:11 Tactical Boots waterproof with sidezips.

I did some checking and these came highly recommended.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:53 PM
SMenasco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been wearing boots and shoes by Weinbrenner (Wisconsin) sold by Jgearusa.com for several years. I presently wear a pair of 6" lace-up leather/gortex combination with good ankle protection. THey have a deep groove non-slip sole, waterproof, as comfortable as houseshoes with no break-in. Postal Service approved. Good folks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/EEF20EDF6AF64B5796EDBC071864933E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Bear64
Banned

I wear a pair of Harley old glory boots for my lace up boot, come to think of it they are all I own, very good ankle support, in fact when I hit the deer the bike drug my left foot and the boot saved me from any injury at all, but it did tear up the boot..as for rideing in the rain, I always take a pair of Totes for foul weather when going on long trips, if I'm local I just let the old glorys do there thing..I keep them well oiled for waterproofing, mind you they are ok for a hour at the most then they will start to leak through.

A old timers trick here, if caught in a hard rain, and no water proof boots use plastic bags from a super market, just take your boot off, put the plastic on over your sox and put the boot back on, wa-la, wet boots, but dry feet!!

Old 03-12-2006, 11:12 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

Get ye some Army boots.