General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WileyX JP-4 Glasses?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:44 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WileyX JP-4 Glasses?

So... when I took a sniper class last summer a BUNCH of guys were wearing the WileyX glasses... Fog resistant and they looked VERY comfortable. I noticed the other day that they same glasses are now being advertised as Motorcycle Goggles and they have the photogray lenses. Retail is about $135 but I have found an online place (which also happens to be in town for me) that carries them for $92.

Here is the problem... I have emailed the company but they have not answered in well over a week. Does anyone know if they make these things in different sizes? Rayban's Predator series comes in different size frames but they do not advertise it all that much. Actually... Rayban does it with most of their lines from what I have seen.

I tried on a pair of WileyXs in the HD store the other day... I think they MAY fit my daughter's face (she is 2). MOST of the "goggles" they had were like that. Now... I know I have a big melon and everything but geez... I thought bikers were supposed to be big/burly manly men... Seems everytime I go into the HD shop they have more and more "danty" stuff... Is everyone in the world shrinking or somethiing? Or am I just a total fat @$$?

Anyway... if anyone knows if they have these frames in different sizes, that would be great! (I would check the store in town that has them for $92 but I could not find the place... says it is on Mechanical Blvd. but I drove up and down it yesterday and did not find it).

Old 03-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Phat03
Tourer
Default RE: WileyX JP-4 Glasses?

Dean,

Your kinda jumpin around here, were you interested in the style of the jp-4, the photogray lenses or the removable seal-tek gasket.
The jp-4 is designed for a narrow face, so depending on what your interested in I can suggest another model as Wiley-X does not offer their eyewear in different sizes.
You need to pick a pair which are made for wider faces. So if you let me know which elements of the jp-4 you were interseted in I will suggest another style.
You also indicated they are fog resistant, although this is true on cold or humid days you will still experience a slight fog until you start moving.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:40 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

I like the WileyX because they are ballistic glasses... Could use them on the range.

And the other thing I like is the day/night lenses. I know that other mfg. make those lenses but like I said, the WileyX can do double duty for me.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:25 PM
Phat03
Tourer

Dean,

Many models come in LA (Light adjusting) and all are ballistic. You just need to find a pair for wider faces, I have a wide face and wear the XL-3, however I believe they have discontinued them. You should also know the LA lens altough darkens in direct sunlight, didn't seem to darken enough, so I wear the interchangeable version which offers a greater selection of lenses.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:49 AM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

Heres my thoughts on a particular model of Wiley - X I put in an earlier post , not saying all are the same but these were top of the line and advertised as for motor cycles .

I wear some Bolle sunglasses I got on sale for $40 , work real nice . So what do I do , I find a pair of Wiley-X X3LA for a good price online and order them . Oh, Yeah they are real cool , good quality , real CRAPPY design for use on the motorcycle . The nose pieces are not molded in they are seperate pieces soldered on , even with the goggle type gasket on your eyes get blasted . Think my eyes actually water less with no protection at all . To top it off I don't really care for the way they look plus they do not get real dark so I won't even use them when I'm not riding . DON"T BUY THIS MODEL , YOU WILL BE SORRY !!!

Dan

Old 03-13-2006, 08:49 AM
PipeDADDY
Road Captain

SO what is a good pair of glasses. I have been on a mission to find polorized, shatterproof, uv, blah blah blah glasses at a good price. I have a standard melon.