General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ouch, Whew, Ehhh, Crap

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Bluerose
Default Ouch, Whew, Ehhh, Crap

Ouch....We leave Thursday morning to meet a couple of couples riding up to Hollister with us. They are riding 2-up so we will have 4 bikes total. After they missed the meet point we end up meeting them at a gas station a few miles up. We say hello and mount up to leave. As we get ready to pull into the street we look back and one of the couples is on the ground and pinned under their Road King. We all rush over and lift the bike but the damage is done. As the bike went over the rider's foot slips the wrong way and his ankle snaps. His passenger has just a minor scratch. So we call an ambulance. I inspect the bike and volunteer to ride it over to the hospital ( about 7 miles away) so they have it there and his brother can pick it up. (Jumped on the back of Hubby's bike for a ride back to mine).

Old 07-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Bluerose
Default RE: Ouch, Whew, Ehhh, Crap

Whew.....Since we were now running over an Hour late getting going we got to ride though temps of up to 109! Thank god I took off my lowers.

Ehhh.....Hollister was a dud for a second year in a row. Not sure if it was a response to moving the rally dates, the economy, or the over abundance of t-shirts shops which seems to be the only thing the allow. The Camp ground which is usually packed was less then half full but we managed to have a good time with our party.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch is right. So how are they?

Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Bluerose

Crap...On the way back we saw a RV rolled over in the lanes of the other direction.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Bluerose

When we pulled over a bit down the road we see the other couple checking their bike. Said they heard something and had a vibration.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Bluerose

Sure enough we find it, about 8 inches of his rear tire tread had separated and flown off. It was a good thing we had stopped. Of course nothing is open except the HD dealer which didn't have anyone to change a tire. Took us 7 hours to get them home playing hop to hop AAA tows (used ours and his)...we were under 150 miles from home...

Old 07-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: Bluesssman
Ouch is right. So how are they?
&nbsp\\;
Should be fine but gonna miss some work. He's a mechanic.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Bluerose

Wasn't exactly the weekend we were expecting but it was interesting.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:52 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's one heck of a story!!&nbsp\\; I'm thankful we just got rained on when we were out riding on Sunday.
&nbsp\\;
I'm glad everyone is well.&nbsp\\; Someone had done a thread with a link on how to check the dates of when the tires were manufactured.&nbsp\\; They should check that tire that split and make sure it hasn't been on the shelf too long before they got it.&nbsp\\; Maybe they can get it replaced for free or something?
&nbsp\\;
Best wishes to your friend that was injured.&nbsp\\; I hope he is up and around again soon!&nbsp\\; Keep us updated!

Old 07-15-2008, 10:04 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Blue, have you become a bad luck charm, it seems to be all around you??[sm=insomnia.gif]&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Ouch, Whew, Ehhh, Crap