General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over Prescription Glasses Goggles

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Arc1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Over Prescription Glasses Goggles

I bought a set&nbsp\\; of these, comfortable enough for all day plus lots of lens options.
http://www.guard-dogs.com/shop/produ...28a8ef7c31b1cc

Old 07-14-2008, 11:32 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum

My husband bought goggles at the HD dealer... had the Rx put in, and transitions lenses (or photo gray)... he puts them on and goes, and does not need to pull over to change them when the sun goes down.&nbsp\\; (although we do have to pull over for the people we ride with to change theirs!)
&nbsp\\;
Good luck!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:06 AM
RA51
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have read the Airfoil over the glasses are very good. Going to try these out. Have the same problem with watering eyes.

http://www.maximumeyewear.com/produc...e-goggles.html

Old 07-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought some bifocal safety glasses which work great.Try safety glasses USA and see if they have something that works.Low cost plus having safety glass is a plus.I bought clear and tinted.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:32 AM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I dont need prescription lenses but still need the wind out of my eyes. Sunglasses always but I finally found that for me on longer rides a full face helmet is my favorite. $.02.

Old 07-15-2008, 07:39 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

My wife and wears Jockey goggles (Same as horse jockeys wear). They are light,&nbsp\\;cheap and come in clear or different shades.
Also popular with skydivers.
I think I paid $45/dozen on E-bay. Her first pair lasted a few years.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 07-15-2008, 09:02 AM
dexterdave
Cruiser

I have the "Byrdz"-they work well..the lenses are a pain to switch out though..

Old 07-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

Don't waste your money on over glasses, do as SAM recommended and purchase Wiley X or 7-eyes perscription riding glasses. I bought the Wiley X Light Adjusting lenses in perscription. It takes a couple of weeks for them to make the glasses in perscription, but well worth the wait. Both Wiley X and 7-eyes have removable eye cup inserts. I wear the eye cups when riding, and remove them for a regular sun glass look when not riding. Both glasses are ANSI rated safety glasses made of high impact polycarbonate lenses. Spend a few extra bucks when ordering and get the anti-reflective coating and scratch resistant treatment. These glasses will outlive your perscription!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:25 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used these in Iraq and they were great since they have a Rx insert that if you scratch the lenses, all you have to do is change the&nbsp\\;plastic lenses &nbsp\\;without changing the Rx.&nbsp\\; I ride with them all the time and they are great.&nbsp\\; with no windshield I get no wind in the eyes.&nbsp\\; If you order 10 or more replacement lenses, they are only about $5 each, much cheaper than replacing the entire set of glasses.&nbsp\\; the flexible frame fits well in a helmet with no discomfort.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/uvex.html
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 09-14-2011, 06:07 PM
picklesandginger
Stage I

I hate to disagree with the guy who said "don't waste your money on over glasses..." But I really do disagree. It took me a while, but I finally found a pair of over glasses GLASSES and a pair of over glasses GOGGLES that I LOOOVVVEEEE. I talked to a guy name Mike who actually knew what he was talking about and he helped me find the right pair. I got them at www.maximumeyewear.com It was last year so I don't know if they still have the ones I got, but I hope so because I don't want to go through the hunt for another good pair.

Originally Posted by Geoseismic
Don't waste your money on over glasses, do as SAM recommended and purchase Wiley X or 7-eyes perscription riding glasses. I bought the Wiley X Light Adjusting lenses in perscription. It takes a couple of weeks for them to make the glasses in perscription, but well worth the wait. Both Wiley X and 7-eyes have removable eye cup inserts. I wear the eye cups when riding, and remove them for a regular sun glass look when not riding. Both glasses are ANSI rated safety glasses made of high impact polycarbonate lenses. Spend a few extra bucks when ordering and get the anti-reflective coating and scratch resistant treatment. These glasses will outlive your perscription!

Quick Reply: Over Prescription Glasses Goggles