General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much will Dealer give up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008 | 09:32 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Default RE: How much will Dealer give up?

I'm north of Houston and sales are pretty strong. The 105th models are the only ones that have 'incentives' to move them. Fat Boys are in strong demand most go for 1k over. There are some of all models on the floor, but with plenty of traffic, moving them is not an issue. I'm sure as the 09's start arriving, there will be more incentive to move existing inventory particularly of long established models. The newer models such as the Fat Bob will hold strong as long as there is demand. In the past, dealers were allocated on a 'turn and earn' system that caused many to dump there inventories in July-the end of HD's model year. HD did away with that type of system so the July dump is no longer happening. If you want to expand your search to areas such as Chicago and the burbs, you may find some dealers offering discounts. Last year Lakeshore HD was knocking some big bucks off their end of the model year inventory. Chicago HD would deal pretty much year round. Good Luck.

Old 07-12-2008 | 09:36 PM
pscheval
Road Warrior

give the salesman your name and number with your offer on it, tell him to call you when they can reach that price, meanwhile do the same at other dealers.... use Google to find them in your area... whats the worst that can happen, you get a 200 mile ride home on your new bike!

Old 07-13-2008 | 01:04 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

the economy is in a serious slump, good for anyone who has the extra for a new bike.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
you&nbsp\\;don't have to google, go to the moco corp site and clcik on locate dealer and thn put in zip code

Old 07-14-2008 | 09:17 AM
ILTim
Cruiser

I did some research before and after buying my bike this febuary, there is the bike price, freight/setup, taxes, etc...
&nbsp\\;
Lump it all together, and take off $1,000.&nbsp\\; No reason to pay more than that.&nbsp\\; If you lucky or your dealer is desparate, $2,000.&nbsp\\; Much more than that and something might be fishy.

Old 07-14-2008 | 10:09 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

"Leave a card with ofer at the dealer"
&nbsp\\;
This is exactly what I did.&nbsp\\; I left my offer, 2k off the out the door price, at the first dealer.&nbsp\\; I then found another dealer willing to make the deal and bought my bike.&nbsp\\; The first dealer called me back last week ready to match my offer.&nbsp\\; Told him you snooze, you loose, Thanks for playing!

Old 07-17-2008 | 09:35 PM
King_O_Road
|
Cruiser

Great ideas, I think I will use the card idea and offer 2k below, and see what bites. Also gonna call around to expand my search. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2008 | 03:03 PM
Cue
Novice

i think it all depends on what part of the country your in.&nbsp\\; I see your from TX, I bought mine in Oklahoma City for MSRP + 300 gift card.&nbsp\\; My bike was a RK btw.&nbsp\\; They gave a decent trade in also.&nbsp\\;But, they wouldnt budge any farther.&nbsp\\; There is a dealer in arkansas Old fort harley davidson.&nbsp\\; They were going to give me the best deal but Fort Thunder HD in Moore, Ok at the last min. matched the deal and saved me a 8 hour round trip.&nbsp\\; Also there is supposed to be a huge dealer in colorado, cant think of the name. (someone will chime in) that will deal.&nbsp\\; Supposedly they will fly you in and you can ride the bike home.&nbsp\\; I could be full of it, but its worth it to check several dealers even out of state. If your willing.

Old 07-22-2008 | 10:41 PM
King_O_Road
|
Cruiser

Well I will try this again ... I had a big ole write up on the bike i just got tonight...
I got a used 2008 Fat Bob, for 15,500 out the door... and I got the extended warranty, windscreen, sissybar, and back rest for free...
First gut bought it for a touring bike then his wife decided to ride with him so he upgraded to a bigger bike... cool with me... he pays for the upgrades and I get the used bike price...
I just got to get down to Houston to pick it up this week, and the hurricane Dolly is headed inland... So i will have the bike that I wanted, and a knock off, or fill in till later...
So i guess a membership in my local HOG will be coming soon, and I will see you out inthe Texas Hill Country!!!
&nbsp\\;
King_O_Road
(K_O_R)