General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
They are attention whores
36.75%
COOL/BAD biker image
15.06%
They actually like the deafening sound
19.88%
Safety - while wearing a beanie helmet?
7.53%
Performance
20.78%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Loud pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:42 AM
zip
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loud pipes

ORIGINAL: 05 Wd Gld

If the politicians want to fix something then why don’t they start with all the illegal immigrants that seem to use all of the services that this country seems to afford them? Then they can work on the people talking on cell phones while driving. After that why not clean up their own back yards and kick all the crooked politicians out of office. After that why not do something constructive like getting the cost of medical services down. Maybe some tax cuts, better schools so our kids could actually read and do math when they graduate, get some of those people off the welfare programs who seem to think that they are entitled to sit around all day without doing a damn thing and have the rest of us pay for it. Then and maybe then, we could look at who might be making too much noise with a motorcycle that we paid for with our own money that is made from working a 40-60 hour work week. [:@]

Excellent point...but bro...........

........that means they would actually have to WORK.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:31 PM
roadglidin
Cruiser

Just an observation..not a reply to anyone in particular. Seems the ones defending the "right" (as they comprehend this) to have LOUD pipes feel this is about the rest of us saying we dont actually LIKE the sound. Huh? Geezers? C'mon. Irrelevant, nothing to do with it at all. Read my own post , not once said I hated or disliked the sound. I cannot recall anyone actually saying they disliked the sound. REFOCUS! Its about abusing extremely loud exhaust, which in turn has focused unwarrented attention towards literally hundreds of thousands, maybee millions of bikers nationwide from law enforcement. Once the brainless wonders we collectively VOTED into government start writing these dumbass laws it affects us all. Im AGAINST these laws. Im AGAINST laws preventing us from installing an exhaust system of YOUR liking. What were trying to simply say is curb the arrogant behavior.
Oh wnogood, I personally dont feel stupid and I think I speak for may others as well. We live in a country of over 250 million and growing. Thers more than one issue at hand at any given time within 50 states, hundreds of counties, thousands of cities and hundreds of thousands of towns. The loud pipe issue is one more example of how we are LOSING our rights and freedoms . By simply using better judgement, the complaints would be far less numerous. Look at it this way, seems we all agree with the "punkassedkids" and their super sub-sonic bass woofers rattling the windows at all hours. How will the Gub'ment handle this? By outlawing stereos in cars period! How'd you guys like being stopped and inspected for Lynyrd Skynyrd Cds and cd players ? Its the behavior thats needing modification, not the equipment.

Old 03-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Stucarius
Cruiser

I have not been able to get my new pipes on yet and at least 3 cagers nearly took me out this week alone becuae they did not know I was there. Loud Pipes Save Lives. PERIOD.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Bluebear
Cruiser

I used to have a set of Samson street sweepers. They were drag pipes (no baffle). About as loud as you can get; however, I swapped them out because they were power-robbers. I went with Python 2-1. Still loud but with power as well.
I truly believe that loud pipes save lives, but like anything else there is a point of excess.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES That has been my personal experience over the years if you disagree that is your right, but please, take a quarter and a call someone who cares

Old 03-15-2006, 11:58 PM
TampaJim
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If loud pipes save lives, how come all the Gold Wingers and BMWers ain't dead yet ?? [sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 03-16-2006, 05:04 AM
hddeluxe
Road Captain

Maybe they know how to ride?
The loud pipes do not wake cacers in front of you!
You have to ride safe AND calculate with the possibility that the car WILL drive out in front of you. If he does, you better stop or turn (or you're hurt). If he does not drive out in front of you it a bonus!
Cagers do NOT see you as a threat to their safety so they just concentrate on the bus two blocks away and tries to get out before that one...
And the loud pipes of your fellow rider in front of you that just passed him only distracts him because he have to look what it was that made the noice...
Better addin that I do like the Harley sound and have a 06 Deluxe with Samson true crossover fishtails wich is louder than originalBut not extremely LOUD,
just good mellow rumble that is feeled more in the guts, than it shrieks in the ears[8D]
ORIGINAL: TampaJim

If loud pipes save lives, how come all the Gold Wingers and BMWers ain't dead yet ?? [sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 03-16-2006, 06:17 AM
Fred00
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: hddeluxe

Maybe they know how to ride?
The loud pipes do not wake cacers in front of you!
You have to ride safe AND calculate with the possibility that the car WILL drive out in front of you. If he does, you better stop or turn (or you're hurt). If he does not drive out in front of you it a bonus!
Cagers do NOT see you as a threat to their safety so they just concentrate on the bus two blocks away and tries to get out before that one...
And the loud pipes of your fellow rider in front of you that just passed him only distracts him because he have to look what it was that made the noice...
Better addin that I do like the Harley sound and have a 06 Deluxe with Samson true crossover fishtails wich is louder than originalBut not extremely LOUD,
just good mellow rumble that is feeled more in the guts, than it shrieks in the ears[8D]

Good post! And like the other guy said: You don't see Honda riders dying to your left and right just because they don't have loud enough pipes. Learn how to ride safely instead of running around pissing people off.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:50 AM
wnogood
Banned

ORIGINAL: roadglidin

Oh wnogood, I personally dont feel stupid and I think I speak for may others as well.

Did I call somebody stupid? I do not think so..........

nogood o~`o

Old 03-16-2006, 09:20 AM
carsoni
Tourer

I'd much rather hear loud pipes anyday than the booming bass jungle music

Quick Reply: Loud pipes