General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any bike night's here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 05:14 AM
skull rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any bike night's here?

Im from south east colorado and never heard of bike night till i joind the form. I was wondering if anyone knows of any bike night's around hear or if someone could tell me more about them, like what goes on at them so maybe i could try to start one up in my area. Thanks!

Old 07-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Pitts2112
Road Captain
Default RE: any bike night's here?

Hey, SR,
I'm not in your neck of the woods (heck, not even on your tectonic plate), but we have an interesting bike night locally here where I live. Apparently it's been going on for something like 20 years. There's a little dive of a cafe at the train station in town (has a big parking lot) and bikers ride in from all over on Wed nights, get a cup of coffee, have a look around at other bikes, meet and make friends. Not so much riding happens, though sometimes people will link up, go out for a circuit and come back. The ride for most people is getting there and home.

The interesting part is that there's another, much nicer cafe about 10 miles away down a really nice bit of road and it's become sort of a dual-core bike night with people making the run between the two places all night long (or at least until dark). This cafe is also a biker haven on weekends as a stop for people on longer rides, as it's at the crossroads of a couple of nice biking routes.

This bike night is more about people and linking up than riding, but many friendships and riding parnters have been created there, I'm sure.

All you need to get one started is a parking lot, a place to eat/get a drink, and getting the word out. It'll take time but, if you do it right, it'll grow. As far as I know, the one I've just told you about isn't advertised anywhere, it isn't managed, no one's in charge, just everyone seems to know about it and show up. Kinda weird that way, but it sure works. Any given Wed night there'll be hundreds of bikes of all make and model there.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Lucky66
Cruiser

Bike night at the local Hooters here is just a bunch of guys standing around in the parking lot looking like idiots.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:42 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lucky66

Bike night at the local Hooters here is just a bunch of guys standing around in the parking lot looking like idiots.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 07-10-2008, 06:46 AM
JKK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

borrrrrrrrring...
&nbsp\\;
like Lucky66 said, most of these are a mix of guys standing around
&nbsp\\;
comparing their latest acquisition (do-rags and l.e.d. pods)

Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Like a car roll in night.