General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mudd corner eats a harley on the dragon (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Default RE: mudd corner eats a harley on the dragon (pics)

ORIGINAL: betsybo

This doesn't even qualify as a wreck on the Dragon.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The bike neither lowsided nor highsided. No wrecker needs to be called. No one needs to help him pull it out of a ditch.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; No law enforcement. No medical helicopter.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I think he just fell off the bike and it sits there in the lane waiting for him to get back on.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
A few minutes later they took another picture of the guy coming back in the opposite direction.&nbsp\\; He and his bike were ok.
&nbsp\\;
Kinda funny since it seems no one got hurt.&nbsp\\; The bike just ejected him!!!
&nbsp\\;
lp

Old 07-09-2008, 07:00 PM
tallboy56
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can&nbsp\\; only take the turns so fast before things start to drag...I bet he didn't do it again!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:08 PM
ILTim
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the statistical average speed of a crash, 25mph?&nbsp\\; Looks about right.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Wonder what that debris is from, boot, bike, his belt... looks like his arm probably started bleeding about 20 seconds AFTER that last picture.&nbsp\\; I know how that goes (not from the motorcyle, luckily, but from my MANY bicycle crashes).&nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008, 07:16 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

that right arm around the elbow is scrapped pretty good and I think his side under his shirt is gonna be real tender.
&nbsp\\;
lucky and lesson learned

Old 07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need for a traffic engineer.&nbsp\\; This is what happens when you are going through a turn "waving" with one hand while your feet are up on your highway pegs (see first pic).&nbsp\\; A lesson learned I bet.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Y2K
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,295 Likes on 1,405 Posts

ORIGINAL: sleepman54

300+ curves in 11 miles, that's what gets so many bikes.
That is the way all the roads in mine and thrillseekers neighborhood are lol.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Just noticed he's got his right foot riding on the right highway peg and his left foot on the floorboard.&nbsp\\; Not a good time to have your feet up on the highway pegs in twisties like that.&nbsp\\; Kinda seems like he's a new rider....

Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

ORIGINAL: GeorgiaGirl

Anyone know the lean angle of a Softail?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I did miss my Sportster riding the Dragon.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; As I said in another thread, got to zip out on a friends Dyna Lowrider for just a bit and screaming around a few turns on it was a real pleasure.
Its a lot lower than my lowered WG fur sure.&nbsp\\; The Dragon is bad, but we were down there and a local showed us some that were even worse.&nbsp\\; Backroads off backroads.

Gotta ride your line, no look n see's or flinching when the rocketcrotches come up on ya going a c note per hour.&nbsp\\; Its an accomplishment to ride but I'm finding roads here in Ohio that have more character mixed with substantial twistys...

That dude threw some sparks and buffed his bag.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:11 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm missing my Low Rider already. Anybody want to buy a King?
Hope he does'nt pull that stunt on the Beartooth Pass. Long way down.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
TuffSporty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Though there's no doubt a Road King is no Sporty, (I own both and ride 'em both hard), this was totally operator error... err.. bein' a dumbass.&nbsp\\; Feet and hands where they belonged and ridin' it right, this corner would have been no problem.&nbsp\\; From the ending point and position, he obviously wasn't movin' very fast.&nbsp\\; In the right hands, even a Road King can blaze through a road like that pretty damn fast... ya just gotta keep your wits about ya.&nbsp\\; I've not been to the Dragon... yet... but I've been able to make by best bud on his 1200C struggle to keep up with me on my RK&nbsp\\;on this sweet little stretch of single lane, smooth twisty nearby, and I'm talking very tight corners with very little transition time, some off camber.&nbsp\\; There is no excuse for this guy's dump.

Quick Reply: mudd corner eats a harley on the dragon (pics)