General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wind buffeting solution..Dyna w/HDClipon...proof of concept photos...work in progress.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 04:53 PM
elamey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wind buffeting solution..Dyna w/HDClipon...proof of concept photos...work in progress.

ORIGINAL: trafficjams

hey elamey
that looks like a pretty damn good idea! how's it hold up under wind loading?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
i dont particularly like the look of the chrome deflectors but if i could make
them detachable with my nostalgia windshield i would do it just for longer trips
as I have a compact windshield for shorter runs.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
not enough time in the day though. you should design and sell a one piece unit
that extends down like that but is perhaps made of smoked lexan. I would buy it.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
nice going
&nbsp\\;
I'm going to give try to get 4-6 hours riding in on it this weekend with some interstate time. I'll be able to give you some good feedback after that. Ya the chrome has to go, i'm going to powder coat it tex black like the engine case. The cool thing is, I only run it on long trips, I will take them off for in town riding.

Old 07-08-2008, 04:56 PM
elamey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wind buffeting solution..Dyna w/HDClipon...proof of concept photos...work in progress.

ORIGINAL: golfblues

Mine stay on all the time. My windshield is a National Cycles quick detach. The deflectors attach to the quick detach brackets but stay on the bike when the windshield is removed. It's worth it as buffeting is totaly gone. The only question I have for you is if the brackets on your windshield are strong enough to hold the additional wind pressure from the deflectors. Just a thought.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I REALLY like those deflectors on your bike! If mine don't work out, i'll look into a set of those. About loading, not sure yet. I'm open to the possibility that the extra pressure will fatigue/crack the windshield brackets. I'm going to get a long ride on it this weekend, i'll post an update.
I REALLY like those deflectors on your bike! If mine don't work out, i'll look into a set of those. About loading, not sure yet. I'm open to the possibility that the extra pressure will fatigue/crack the windshield brackets. I'm going to get a long ride on it this weekend, i'll post an upate.

Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is one way to do it.
http://www.masclassics.com/vtwin/1076.php