General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome That Hog - feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008 | 12:30 AM
choppertime
Advanced

Originally Posted by cdestuck
Did the exchange for my Deuce about a year ago. Looked good, all went well. One thing that got me was they sent all three pieces in seperate boxes. I&nbsp\\; got the wheel, rotor, and pulley and they sent them all in different boxes. Really increased the shipping. When I sent back the old parts, they all fit into one box, so ask them to ship in one box if your getting all three. And the shop that did the change over had a bit of a hard time getting the three pieces together&nbsp\\; and hard to do a little Dremel work. Also, don't trust the stuff they have on the bolts as a locker. Use blue Loc tite. Don't ask me how I found out.
Parts are always individually packaged in accordance with industry and ASTM shipping standards to protect the finish in shipment. It's also my understanding no loctite is pre-loaded to hardware sold from them so maybe your confusing their hardware for the OEM HD hardware so appropriate chasing of threads and loctite would be required but standard on any R&R of hardware which your technician should know.

The other benefit is that you don't need to send in your parts to them because they send their parts out first so you have the opportunity to inspect and accept first which is a benefit IMO.