General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumped my bike/ care to share?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008 | 06:27 PM
ripw4
|
Tourer
Default RE: dumped my bike/ care to share?

Yea..I am grateful I wasnt hurt and the bike came out relatively unscathed.
Sometimes I wish my bike wasnt so shiny and good looking so I wouldnt be afraid to to dirty it up or get a couple of scratches!

Old 07-08-2008 | 08:45 PM
chopperz71
Road Master

I knew this poor bastage one time that tried to do a drunken burnout on my, oh I mean HIS Fatboy to impress some girls on a balcony of his apartment complex. The bike shot off and bounced off the back of a car.

Old 07-08-2008 | 10:02 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

Been there, done that.&nbsp\\; More than once.[:@]&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Usually not too bad, but&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;your pride is&nbsp\\;almost always DOA.

Old 07-08-2008 | 10:13 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: chopperz71

I knew this poor bastage one time that tried to do a drunken burnout on my, oh I mean HIS Fatboy to impress some girls on a balcony of his apartment complex. The bike shot off and bounced off the back of a car.
OMG, your joking right? lol how bad was your, i mean HIS bike?

Old 07-08-2008 | 11:56 PM
Harleypilot
Advanced

Just a few weeks ago,&nbsp\\;same thing, tight u-turn. In the middle of it my brain slipped into neutral and I tapped the front brake. Went down fast but not so fast that I couldn't jump off without getting hurt. The derby cover got a little scratched but my pride was seriously injured. So was my back from getting it back on it's wheels, which I was trying to do before anyone saw me or ran over me! I've spent the last couple of week thinking that just maybe, I'm to stupid to ride. Still don't know why I did that. Anyway, been riding a few times since, and it's still all good!

Old 07-09-2008 | 01:40 AM
99octane
Road Warrior

ALMOST dumped my bike getting out of office.
Road looked clear and started pulling out when this dork comes rocketing down the road.&nbsp\\; This other dork (i.e.: me) grabbed a handful of brake with the front wheel almost fully to the right.&nbsp\\; And down went the bike. I thought "NOOOOOooooooo!!! NOT THE TANK!!!" and pulled as hard as I could, turned green and big and could keep it up. But was a really, really close call.
I think being 6'6" by 220 pounds even before turning into the Hulk helped a lot

Old 07-09-2008 | 03:19 AM
arnold
Road Master

one time back when I rode my old hot rod FXRP I pulled up to my house to find a cop watching the place, (not unusual in those days), pulled in and hit the gas to blast out a note at the bastard and just then my cluch cable decided to break, lol, cop laughed his *** off wathing me run into my garage door an flop over like an idiot. He had to drive up as he was leaving and shoot off some aswipe remark about he thought I knrw how to ride that thing or some such.
NOT one of my finer moments, lol.

Old 07-09-2008 | 09:39 AM
gtnot
Cruiser

One week after getting my Fatboy I am pulling up to an intersection and a bee flew into my ear (3/4 helmet). Left hand trying to knock it clear, grabbed the front brake and down I went. My buddy next to me is trying not to laugh, and I had such an adrenaline rush (not to mention embaressment) I just snatched the bike upright.&nbsp\\; The look on his face when I did that was priceless.

Unfortunately, two weeks later he had an MI (heart attack) and passed.&nbsp\\; RIP, Kenny.

Old 07-09-2008 | 11:10 AM
ShovelHeadKid
4th Gear

took my Dad's Yamaha Venture For A ride last fall and found out that neither the anti-lock brakes or the anti-dive forks work very well....And also discovered Ford Explorers Dont stop on a dime, or a venture for that matter..... Lots of road rash, Couple ribs, and an arm... good times.

Old 07-09-2008 | 11:45 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member

Parking lot-Hooters-Daytona Bike Week-2005

It"s always more fun with an audience.

Quick Reply: dumped my bike/ care to share?