General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soutern Cali Riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:29 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Soutern Cali Riders

What's this whole "Cali" problem? It's a new one on me. I grew up in Escondido and now live up near Tahoe. Is it like the San Franciscans having a problem with "Frisco"? What, is he gonna get beat up? Who really gives a sh*t?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:56 AM
MetalStud
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did the&nbsp\\;76 to Julian last week. Almost zero traffic and great road to just sit back and cruise. I came across a river with a few tubers, anyone know the story on the river,it's 100 ft from the road and it could be a state park of private camp

Old 07-08-2008, 10:38 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MetalStud

I just did the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;76 to Julian last week. Almost zero traffic and great road to just sit back and cruise. I came across a river with a few tubers, anyone know the story on the river,it's 100 ft from the road and it could be a state park of private camp
&nbsp\\;
If I remember correctly. That is the San Luis Rey River and is on&nbsp\\;Pala Indian tribal land. We used to camp there years ago. They open it to the public.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
murphy744
Intermediate

Be safe and enjoy the ride

Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Dyna_Soar
Banned

ORIGINAL: 07deluxe

Make sure you stop at Hells Kitchen and have a cold one. Then a little further out stop at the Lookout and check out the view of Elsinore,
&nbsp\\;
Yes, check out the "view" of Elsinore, but don't bother stopping. After months of hearing about Elsinore, I finally rode on down and checked out the lake. What a disappointment. It's a tiny little lake, with&nbsp\\;crappy little beaches and after 15 minutes, you're done. Keep on going down to Temecula. It's a&nbsp\\;much nicer town and there is a nicely stocked&nbsp\\;Harley shop (Quaid) if you want to take home some souveniers.
&nbsp\\;
OH OH, what's that I smell? I believe I smell "smoke". I think I am about to get flamed.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-08-2008, 01:02 PM
07deluxe
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Dyna_Soar

Make sure you stop at Hells Kitchen and have a cold one. Then a little further out stop at the Lookout and check out the view of Elsinore,
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Yes, check out the "view" of Elsinore, but don't bother stopping. After months of hearing about Elsinore, I finally rode on down and checked out the lake. What a disappointment. It's a tiny little lake, with&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;crappy little beaches and after 15 minutes, you're done. Keep on going down to Temecula. It's a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;much nicer town and there is a nicely stocked&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Harley shop (Quaid) if you want to take home some souveniers.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
OH OH, what's that I smell? I believe I smell "smoke". I think I am about to get flamed.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
ok, here's your first flame....
&nbsp\\;
Take the Inland route thru Chino and smell the wonderful stench of the COW ****!

Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 PM
olemiss8
Intermediate

It sounds like riding The Ortega could be waste of time...But I do want to go Cook's Corner, is there anything else I should ride in that area.. how is the desert riding?

Old 07-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Dyna_Soar
Banned

ORIGINAL: Dyna_Soar

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Yes, check out the "view" of Elsinore, but don't bother stopping. After months of hearing about Elsinore, I finally rode on down and checked out the lake. What a disappointment. It's a tiny little lake, with&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;crappy little beaches and after 15 minutes, you're done. Keep on going down to Temecula. It's a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;much nicer town and there is a nicely stocked&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;Harley shop (Quaid) if you want to take home some souveniers.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
ok, here's your first flame....
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Take the Inland route thru Chino and smell the wonderful stench of the COW ****!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
So, why do you think I go on road trips in the first place?
&nbsp\\;
Actually, that place is shut down since the government "stink" a few months ago...tainted beef.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Olemiss8, dont be discouraged by some of the talk about Ortega. It's really not a bad ride, even over to Elsinore. If you want to stay on 74, you can cross the floor and climb the next mountain. Near the top you have the choice of splitting to Idyllwild, or staying 74 into Palm Springs, and going down the same road used to shoot the opener of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World back in the 50's. That section of 74 has stayed the same for 60+ years.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
marcss
Road Captain

Don't forget to check out the coast, unless you've got an aversion to girls in bikinis &nbsp\\; Only place I don't mind getting stuck in a little traffic.&nbsp\\; Laguna has some nice beach rides.

Quick Reply: Soutern Cali Riders