General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:28 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Default RE: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

Sorry.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;Been there, done that!&nbsp\\;[:@]&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Prayers sent, and by all means,&nbsp\\; take your time and&nbsp\\;get a GOOD lawyer.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:52 PM
a99miata
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

GET A LAWYER!!!

Old 07-06-2008, 06:53 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a compression fracture of T6 due to a skydiving accident.&nbsp\\; It aint a lot of fun.&nbsp\\; Was in a rigid back brace for 12 weeks, but after that, am good to go (and back to skydiving...)

Old 07-06-2008, 07:16 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The next step, since you have been checked out by a doctor is to GET A LAWYER, most of the good ones will not charge unless you settle, most are willing to strike a deal on the percent of your cut that they get, so the more you get the more they get, second do whatever needed to recover, third is to sue the pants off of the dumb a$$ cager and/or his insurance company. I nkow this because I should of done the same thing ten years ago and did not because the insurance company was acting pretty cool about all of the medical bills when I was rear ended. I still to this day have lower back problems, and without a pennys compensation.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47348/87521122854B492D8B91BC614AA596EC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-06-2008, 09:38 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Prayers going your way. Get your self fixed up and do what it takes to get better. Get a Lawyer Don't talk to any one about this accedent except your lawyer get a lawyer that has experance in motercycle accidents. If you think you found a Lawyer ask around about him is his office organized neet and clean. Does he look neet&nbsp\\;and well dressed and organized. Ask him about his experance and track record. If he wants to take on your case you need not pay him one cent un less he wins about one third of the settlement if he looses not a thin dime he eats all the expense every thing you pay him s^*t. make sure you have that in writing before you sign any retainer. Don't talk talk to the insurance company on the phone about the accident or how you feel till you get a lawyer they tape phone calls. Don't sign any insurance papers either

Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, glad you are still with us.&nbsp\\; Thank the Lord for that much.
&nbsp\\;
Next, I work for one of the larger insurance companies ( in IT ), and I can tell you that you&nbsp\\;want a lawyer.&nbsp\\; I know everyone loves to kick on the insurance companies, but having worked in this business for a while now and they are not all jerks.&nbsp\\; I sit near a bunch of adjusters and listen to them as they&nbsp\\;spend their whole day trying to weed out the scam artists from those who are really hurt.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
The truth is most of these adjusters want to make a decent settlement and the companies realize there will be a certain amount of payouts every year.&nbsp\\; But they get so many scammers that it is hard to know who is really in need and who is a thief.&nbsp\\; One of the easiest ways to show you are legit is to hire a legit lawyer and LET THEM DO ALL THE TALKING FOR YOU.&nbsp\\; I cannot stress this enough, hire the guy and then stand back and let them do their job.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
PS, stay away from ambulance chasers and "specialty lawyers" the insurance companies can smell them a mile away.&nbsp\\; Get a good law firm and go from there.
&nbsp\\;
Hopethis helps,
Harry

Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

prayer on the way. one word lawyer at least go talk to em see what they say. this is going to be a long time thing. you may get your bike fixed.before you are ready. but for youself dont get in a hurry and dont settle for ****.chances are you are going to have trouble with your back for a long time to come.but i will tell you right up front you wont get rich. but there should be a few bucks.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:28 AM
69z28
Road Warrior

Listen to the voice of experience,get a&nbsp\\; lawyer.It's the only voice you have,the insurance company will not listen to you and you'll only get the run around from them.Get a lawyer.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
smudge
Tourer

ORIGINAL: overhead

Sorry to hear of your crash. My suggestion, as it is for everyone that has to deal with an insurance company, get a lawyer. I can tell you from experience that the insurance companies will often try to screw you
&nbsp\\;
Didn't you mean to say "ALWAYS"?