General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Healey2Harley
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

Glad your still with us. Prayers for a speedy recovery. Good luck and God bless.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:24 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Default RE: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

Thank god you made it...don,t know anything about your legal system but theres a lot of good advice coming in by the looks of things .
Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:41 PM
coyoties
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

God speed on the healing.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:31 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master

First of all thank goodness you're here posting with us man!
&nbsp\\;
Secondly, in my clinical experience (I'm a chiropractor)&nbsp\\;a compression fracture can go a couple ways.&nbsp\\; You'll need&nbsp\\;work your tail off to rehabilitate the area once it's healed and have a chance that is will only cause you mild occasional pain with proper long term maintanance or even better.&nbsp\\; I have seen people with healed compression fractures that have no real repurcussions from it and I've also seen those who have some level of discomfort long term.&nbsp\\; Of all the places in your spine to have one the thoracic region is the "best" due to it's relatively low level of intersegmental range of motion.&nbsp\\; It does depend on how much the vertebrae is compressed and the amount of impingement it may or may not have on the surrounding soft tissues, nerve roots, etc.&nbsp\\; Get yourself to a good neurologist first and foremost as you're going to need some better diagnostic studies, coordinated care of the healing and rehabilitation of the injury.&nbsp\\; I would also find a reputable lawyer and get them on board as this is a long term prognosis and complications can arise weeks or months down the road sometimes.&nbsp\\; Good luck I wish you the best.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:09 PM
cosmicHD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First and most important: HEAL UP. I am glad it was not worse than it was and you get better soon.

Second: GET A LAWYER

Insurance will only cover certain things. God knows what complications may arise years from now. Get a lawyer and nail this SOB for pain, suffering and any possible future medical bills.

Now, to my rant: GET A LAWYER AND MAKE THIS STUPID CAGER PAY. I am so damn tired of hearing of cagers hurting or killing bikers due to their negligence and getting a slap on the hand, some DL points and a fine. The sooner we start making it painful for the cager's wallets, the sooner they may start paying a little more attention of motorcycles.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:21 PM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck.
back about 1987 I was having some back problems and they did x-rays and bone scans.
Found out I had a compression fracture IIRC about L4. Didn't even know I had it. Apparently it was at least 2 years old because bone scan only shows damage that old and it showed nothing. Never been fixed or anything, I am more or less OK today.

Old 07-06-2008, 03:31 PM
fmudge
Cruiser

First off, that sucks. I am glad that you are not hurt worse than you are. That being said my experience with accidents has been limited to being rear ended in my truck at 80mph, of course the truck was moving at 45mph but after being hit wound up in a culvert rolled twice and slide into a tree. Upon hitting the tree my arm went through the driver's side window. Spent a few days in the hospital, three surgeries and 40+ stitches and my arm was in one piece again.
On dealing with attorneys, talk to a few of them. Like doctors get a second or maybe third opinion. Anyone who wants to charge an initial consultation fee probably isn't the right one to work with. The best advice I received from an attorney was him telling me that my case was going to net the limits of my insurance policy and the person who hit me and that I did not need an attorney unless I wanted to simply give away 30% of the settlement. I now know who to go to if I need an attorney.

Good luck, hope your recovery is quick.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:21 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wicked bummer but glad you are alright in terms of life.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The next thing is your quality of life as a consequence of your accident...
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Get a lawyer just not any lawyer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Be cautious of referrals. It would be best if there was&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;a lawyer that you were already familiar with. Despite all the lawyer jokes there are good lawyers and in todays day and age they are a necessary evil. It unfortunate but thats the way it is.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Remember the saying "Only a Fool is his own lawyer". Be prepared for the long haul and proceed but proceed cautiously.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Like someone said...1/3 lawyer 1/3 medical bills and 1/3 for you

Old 07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Fat Henry
Road Warrior

Dan I'm grateful you are able to post with us still. Prayers offered up for a speedy recovery and his wisdom in your decisions.

Old 07-06-2008, 05:33 PM
BanjoBill
Cruiser

&nbsp\\;Thoughts and prayers go out to you Dan, hangin there buddy things will get better.
&nbsp\\;
....Bill

Quick Reply: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.