General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:04 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

Guy breaks your back causing who knows what kind of problems for you in the future and you have reservations about getting a lawyer.&nbsp\\; I'd say you better get an MRI of your head too.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Get yourself a good lawyer.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Insurance companies exist for one reason,&nbsp\\; to&nbsp\\;make money for their&nbsp\\;owners.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Their mission is to give you&nbsp\\;the least amount they can. They do this by hiring "experts" to say what they want, namely that you contributed to the accident or you're not really hurt that bad.
&nbsp\\;
Lawyers are in the&nbsp\\;business to make money too but&nbsp\\;since they&nbsp\\;get a percentage of what you get,&nbsp\\; their mission is to get as much as possible.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
And&nbsp\\;if you feel you're taking advantage of the poor driver and insurance company you can always give some of&nbsp\\;it back.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Prayers and best wishes&nbsp\\;to you.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.

www.russbrown.com
&nbsp\\;
or
Schapiro &amp\\; Leventhal
877-835-7800
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As JohnTN will tell you, I am still going through a lot of surgery, etc from an accident last July. I am very glad you are going to be okay (maybe not as good as you were, but ok), but please trust me on this......GET A LAWYER. It is possible for an insurance company to treat you semi fairly, but yes, in the end they are looking out for themselves. Don't make the mistake of thinking you can handle it yourself.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:21 AM
BikerChick98
Tourer

I'm so sorry.&nbsp\\; May God bless you and lay His healing hands on you.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 11:41 AM
fireglider
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Prayers are with you.&nbsp\\; Get a good, competent attorney, not an ambulance chaser.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:01 PM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum

Sorry to hear about your accident.&nbsp\\; Hope you feel better soon, but know that this will hurt for a very long time... make sure you get the proper compensation. (which probably means, get the lawyer).&nbsp\\; Also, keep a daily journal of the pain, and the limitations it puts on you, how it affects your everyday life.&nbsp\\; It'll come in hand later.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:08 PM
firewatch
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GET A LAWYER! One with lots of experience.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Glad to hear that you're not hurt any worse. The driver of the cage may have told you, "I'm sorry, I didn't see....yada, yada, yada...but the first thing his attorney is going to tell him is not to speak about it anymore.&nbsp\\; They're sitting back&nbsp\\;waiting for you to make a move...and they're going to work damn hard to limit his&nbsp\\;(and&nbsp\\;his insurance company's) liability in this case.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
Like just about everyone has said\\; get a good lawyer (Good-Lawyer...is that an oxymoron?[sm=confused06.gif]) and be ready to put up a long and hard fight.&nbsp\\; They're going to fight you on whose fault it was, on the value of your bike, on your injuries (because you refused to go to a hospital after the accident...so they're going to say that you must have been okay!)...they're going to fight you on the value of the jeans you wore.&nbsp\\; Screw him...make him&nbsp\\;pay for your attorney too.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Captain Badass
Cruiser

Sorry to hear about your spill brother!&nbsp\\; My prayers are with you, and hope you a speedy recovery!

Old 07-04-2008, 03:15 PM
njdiver
Road Captain

I sorry to hear about the accident, but do yourself a favor and GET AN Attorney, one that handles only biker cases.&nbsp\\; Mine got me the max on the kids insurance, although I could have sued for more, the a**hole that hit me lived with his parents and didn't have diddly, neither did his parents.

Quick Reply: PRAYER PLEASE...Got checked out after an accident yesterday...NOT GOOD.