General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CROTCH ROCKET RIDER DIES

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:17 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: CROTCH ROCKET RIDER DIES

Whether doing something stupid or not I feel bad about hearing of any motorcycle death. Here in Florida we see plenty of the wheelie riding morons, but they're just that morons and it's not the bike or every single sport bike rider.

&nbsp\\;The stuff thats being written on here kind of reminds me of a kid from my school who died when we were in high school. He was pulling a loaded rifle out of his gun rack in his truck and the the trigger caught on the hook and he shot himself in the chest. He was killed almost instantly, sad thing is that anti-gun people in the area actually started calling his family and telling them they were glad he had been killed because he was being stupid, that he got what he deserved, and should never had been allowed to have a gun.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-04-2008, 11:48 AM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sleepman54

Whether doing something stupid or not I feel bad about hearing of any motorcycle death. Here in Florida we see plenty of the wheelie riding morons, but they're just that morons and it's not the bike or every single sport bike rider.

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;The stuff thats being written on here kind of reminds me of a kid from my school who died when we were in high school. He was pulling a loaded rifle out of his gun rack in his truck and the the trigger caught on the hook and he shot himself in the chest. He was killed almost instantly, sad thing is that anti-gun people in the area actually started calling his family and telling them they were glad he had been killed because he was being stupid, that he got what he deserved, and should never had been allowed to have a gun.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
What BS. There has been nobody in this thread who has said they were glad that this kid is dead. I'm not glad he's dead. I think it's quite sad that he is dead. I think it's quite sad that he was careless enough to ride passed his limits and killed himself. I think it's sad when a young person puts a gun to their own head and kills themselves. But the fact is that he killed himself. The greater tragedy would have been, if through his thoughtless selfishness he would have taken someone else with him. Were we all perfect? Of course not. Did we do stupid things when we were young? Of course. Did some of us use common sense and respect for others and do our stupid things so that nobody other than ourselves were at risk through our choice to do said stupid stunt? You bet. Hard as it is to believe, some of us had that much respect for others not to put them at risk of death for something we chose to do.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:57 PM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

&nbsp\\;aint that the truth! biggots when i woz a lad i didnt go in to a bike shop &amp\\; ask for the slowest safest bike icould afford i wanted SPEED DANGER &amp\\; SEX? i used 2 race anything that tryed 2 pass me, as u get older u get wiser or dead, but i still like to speed even on the nt, jus dont win as often&nbsp\\;the main reason im put out by the anti sports byk thing is a friend of mine a good hd trained mach died 4wks ago "lee wheatley" workd 4 honda bournemouth as servis mgr crashed an 08 blade doin 100mph+ in a 30late at night lost an arm a leg an the back ov his head, he hit a post box telegraph pole &amp\\; a lamp post, he high sided the blade on a corner he nu well,speed woz a factor, but as his brother said he liked the throttle! thats y we put loud zorsts on r byks at least they sound fast even if ther not!my rant ova ride safe but not 2 slow,the ***** pullin wheelies now woz us 20+yrs ago b 4 commitments &amp\\; age took there toll

Old 07-04-2008, 04:36 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BadBoyFLSTC

What BS. There has been nobody in this thread who has said they were glad that this kid is dead. I'm not glad he's dead. I think it's quite sad that he is dead. I think it's quite sad that he was careless enough to ride passed his limits and killed himself. I think it's sad when a young person puts a gun to their own head and kills themselves. But the fact is that he killed himself. The greater tragedy would have been, if through his thoughtless selfishness he would have taken someone else with him. Were we all perfect? Of course not. Did we do stupid things when we were young? Of course. Did some of us use common sense and respect for others and do our stupid things so that nobody other than ourselves were at risk through our choice to do said stupid stunt? You bet. Hard as it is to believe, some of us had that much respect for others not to put them at risk of death for something we chose to do.
Call it what you want, but I don't think references to Darwin striking again and cleansing the gene pool show a lot of respect for a dead person. There's plenty of ways to say someone was doing something they shouldn't have.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:42 PM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned

ORIGINAL: sleepman54

Call it what you want, but I don't think references to Darwin striking again and cleansing the gene pool show a lot of respect for a dead person. There's plenty of ways to say someone was doing something they shouldn't have.
&nbsp\\;
I get ya Sleep. Good point.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:47 PM
harleydude68
Road Master

ORIGINAL: John TN

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

wow some ******* remarks for somone that has just been killed doing somethign he loved... i feel bad for his friends and family and hope none of them see these comments... i know people that would argue we are just as crazy as he is just for throwing our leg over our bike and riding on 2 wheels...
+ 1, no one is perfect, anyone who rides a motorcycle has done stupid stuff at one time or the other, sport bikers, cruisers,,, some survive a crash, some don't,, look at the folks that get killed at Deals Gap every year,,, cruisers and sportbike riders alike. Condolences to his family and friends.
&nbsp\\;
Let us not all forget Indian Larry!!!!&nbsp\\; RIP!

Old 07-04-2008, 06:30 PM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned

ORIGINAL: harleydude68

ORIGINAL: John TN

ORIGINAL: JRK5892

wow some ******* remarks for somone that has just been killed doing somethign he loved... i feel bad for his friends and family and hope none of them see these comments... i know people that would argue we are just as crazy as he is just for throwing our leg over our bike and riding on 2 wheels...
+ 1, no one is perfect, anyone who rides a motorcycle has done stupid stuff at one time or the other, sport bikers, cruisers,,, some survive a crash, some don't,, look at the folks that get killed at Deals Gap every year,,, cruisers and sportbike riders alike. Condolences to his family and friends.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Let us not all forget Indian Larry!!!!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; RIP!
&nbsp\\;
Why?

Old 07-04-2008, 07:17 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Let us not all forget Indian Larry!!!!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; RIP!
[/quote]
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Why?
[/quote]

Larry was doing some stunts when he was killed. Of course it was a closed course at a bike show, but he was standing on the seat of one of his bikes when he fell.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:45 AM
l.ray
Road Warrior

JOE KNAPP your God like complex is amazing! You my friend have done it all, know it all, and your yankee smartazz shows your complete stupidy on so many levels. If I ever need to know anything, about anything, I'll call JOEGOD

Old 07-05-2008, 06:55 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

We were all young once,it amazes me I survived my youth un scathed.Too bad about the wheelstander,but my take on this is,&nbsp\\;live everyday like it may be your last.

Quick Reply: CROTCH ROCKET RIDER DIES