General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Harley or Sucker Punch Sally HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 07:37 AM
vizzidrixx
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Harley or Sucker Punch Sally HELP!!!!!

&nbsp\\;About to buy a new bike and have alway's wanted and liked an old school choppoer or bobber style bike. Don't mind moding out a new bike (night train /Crossbones) but the Sally is almost perfection (I'm small guy 5-9 145) Most bikes feel extremely large but with a stripped down Sally the ride height is nice and I feel really comfortable - Want any info good or bad on Sally before making a purchase or decision

Old 07-03-2008, 07:41 AM
WILLETTS
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Harley or Sucker Punch Sally HELP!!!!!

That Sally is one nice looking bike....Break from the pack and go for it.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:50 AM
bgkv77
Cruiser

Isn't the sally a hard tail? Man that aint for me no matter how cool it is, and it is really cool. I rode an old chopper I mean old coffin tank the whole bit. It was a hardtail. You don't realize how much the softail helps. I went about 10 miles and that was it for me. I know there are some guys out there who can handel it and even prefer it, but you better try it out first.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:25 AM
njarvis1977
Intermediate

thats a no brainer for me, go for the sally as for the hardtail thing, just get a springer seat and drop your air pressure in the rear to about 20 and its not bad at all.&nbsp\\; Checkout the flyrite choppers too they are pretty slick

Old 07-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Ric27
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't really get behind the Crossbones/Rocker style HDs. Really mediocre design and proportion like all factory "choppers". Sucker Punch Sally's styling is strong but hell if I would have ridged frame bike. Just not hardcore I guess. &nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

$20,000 for a Bobber? I don't get it, a bobber is a striped down bike, supposed to be cheap. Plus the bobber craze has about run it's course. If you can handle the hardtail more power to you. The roads around here will beat you to death. You can build one for well under $10,000.

Rolling Bobber on ebay $2050:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...3756.m14.l1318

These guys are local and have all kinds of rollers:

http://www.choppergods.com/redbarronweb/

Old 07-03-2008, 10:39 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The SPS are only cool if you put it together yourself.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
FEAR
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GET THE SALLY!&nbsp\\; i miss my rigid

Old 07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
miketami
Cruiser

I'm with harley dude.&nbsp\\; I would not pay a penny more than 12k for a bobber.&nbsp\\; I love sucker punch sally's stuff.&nbsp\\; they are some cool bikes.&nbsp\\; but unless I am getting it for what the parts cost me to do it myself so I can have exactly what I want, aint no way I am going to pay top dollar for a stripped down bike with someone elses design.
&nbsp\\;
Take a look at what thunder mountain and some other custom builders are doing with the sportster!&nbsp\\; A guy with a sucker punch sally budget could do some incredible things with a sportster.&nbsp\\; and if most of the "girl bike" crowd new anything about them they would relize it is one of the best packages harley ever put out.&nbsp\\; yes I own one, but before you throw me in a grouping I also have a fat boy and a heritage.
&nbsp\\;
my money says pick up an 03 sportster or springer soft tail and build bobber.&nbsp\\; just my 2c
&nbsp\\;
whatever you do keep us posted I will be the first to congradulate the purchase of a&nbsp\\;sally as long as you post some pics for us to drooooool over!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
FireRescueFL
Tourer

I miss my Rigid but for the amount of miles I put on a bike now, I couldn't do it. Now if I was buying a second bike (or BUILDING ONE like I'm looking at doing in the near future), I'm all about Sally's. If only they came with a Knuckle or Pan...
&nbsp\\;
-Chris

Quick Reply: New Harley or Sucker Punch Sally HELP!!!!!