General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ear Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
singlepin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ear Plugs

Anyone looking for some really good ear plugs should check out the sporting goods dept. at Wal-Mart. For $11.47 and 15 minutes of your time, you can have custom ear plugs that fit and work well. I think they are the same as the customs you buy. Very easy to do and very comfortable to wear. I think they are going to last a long time and they are washable.&nbsp\\;Wife and I just used ours for a 4 day trip to the Black Hills and never got sore once. Check em out.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: Ear Plugs

Are they pre made or molded while you are there? I've got some custom ones I love.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 PM
singlepin
Cruiser

Hey Terry, the material comes in two seperate small cannisters. You take 1/2 from each cannister and mix it together and put it in your ear, shape it and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. It starts to form after you mix the two parts. It's some kind of latex I think. The instructions are easy to understand.There is plenty to make one for each ear and makes a perfect fit. We both like em a lot.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll have to give it a try as the foam plugs are a pain to deal with at times.&nbsp\\; Thx for the info.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I will give them a try also. I use foam ones now. They do the job, but my ear canals are narrow so it is hard to get them inserted. I am use to wearing earplugs since I have always worked in noisy aircraft factories.
Tom

Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Windeed
Tourer

Great lead.&nbsp\\;My ear canals seem to be narrow too and I had no idea WalMart or anyone offered a kit like that.
Thanks

Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I gotta say I don't think I've ever met anyone who wears earplugs when they ride...can't think of why I'd need them?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:41 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

To keep from going deaf, ya nut.&nbsp\\; Especially after riding on the interstate, if I don't wear ear plugs my ears will ring and be fuzzy/muffled feeling for two days.&nbsp\\; I'd like to still be able to hear past 55.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: *NIGHT TRAIN*

I gotta say I don't think I've ever met anyone who wears earplugs when they ride...can't think of why I'd need them?
&nbsp\\;
Some guys I shoot with don't see the need for them either.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 10:48 PM
singlepin
Cruiser

For you guys with small ear canals. The first ones we did for my wife\\\\\\; she used all the material and there was too much sticking out of her ear and she didn't like the feel of it. The second set, she took some of the excess off before they got hard. Read the instructions\\\\\\; very easy to do. You have about 10 minutes before they start to get firm. Plenty of time to remove some material if you need to. Both of us have the material flush now and they feel good. They are rated for 26 to 28db.

Quick Reply: Ear Plugs