General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A$$ is still clenching the seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Harleyridin77
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My A$$ is still clenching the seat

I pull out of my neighborhood to take a nice ride out to Athens,GA to a dealership out there. Get 1/8th of a mile and I see this Lincon "Brickwall/Navigator" sitting to pull out. I always watch anyone waiting to pull out. Now im only doing 45 or so and watching the Lincons front tire. As I get to the point of no return she pulls out. I hit the brakes and the back locks up. Now I know this is bad but I didnt have a choice but to hit it hard and hope for the best as there is no where to go. Her coming across on one side and a nice life ending ditch on the other. As she has half the road covered she hears my tire sliding and stops. I get by with out a problem and turn at the next road to restart my heart. I then go about 1/4 of a mile and this damn buzzard lands in the road just ahead of me to get some roadkill snack. I see him in plenty of time and start to slow down. Someone was coming in the other lane so I just had to slow it down to see what this lumbering bastage is gonna do. Well then he starts to fly off, Now anyone who has paid attention to these less than gracefull birds know that them taking off requires some sort of thought for that little brain in that small head of theirs. Well this damn roadkill turkey damn near runs into me. I was only going about 25 when I was closing in on him and the damn thing was so slow in taking off that I thought we were gonna run into each other. I thought right then and there about turning around and just calling it a day.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Docdangerous
Intermediate
Default RE: My A$$ is still clenching the seat

What else to say other then glad you are ok.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 07:28 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

S*^T happens The buzzard is kind of funny lucky it didn't take a crap had that happen to me in a cage bird just cleared my windshiled at took a nasty S^*T on it the wipers couldent even clean it off had to pull over and use paper towels. better rides a head. Thank god you can write about it.And thank GOD your ok.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:40 PM
dynaglider
Tourer

Wouldn't a handlebar-mounted mini-gun come in handy in situations like that?

Old 07-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Serpentsminion
Cruiser

An SUV almost turned left&nbsp\\;and head into me today on the way home from work in a 35 zone.&nbsp\\; He stopped while I was startin a suicide swerve and a split second before&nbsp\\;I was about to lock up both ends.&nbsp\\; I was able to&nbsp\\; straighten out ok.&nbsp\\; As I went by the truck i see the f*kn ***** &nbsp\\;lookin at me like it was MY fault...&nbsp\\; I wasn't speeding.&nbsp\\; And he didn't even have a blinker on. He was just an impatient f*k that wasn't paying attention.&nbsp\\; But&nbsp\\; it was a thug wana-be,&nbsp\\; so of course,&nbsp\\; he&nbsp\\; was obviously too cool to be at blame.
&nbsp\\;
If&nbsp\\; the bike had gone down and I was able to get up and walk I'd have made the ten-o'clock news for pulling him out his window beating him into a fk'n coma.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I hate stupid people. And stupid people who are allowed to drive are worse yet.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Truly glad that you're okay!!&nbsp\\; Glad that the buzzard had to find some other meal . . .
&nbsp\\;
Ride safe, man!!&nbsp\\; And as stated above, there will be better days ahead!!
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you need to change your name to roadkill. I had a buzzard fly up in front of me a couple of years ago. He barely cleared the windshield and I think I seen his feather clenched whistle as he cleared my ducking head.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 PM
Phil K
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just posted over on the Dyna forums yesterday...i also had a buzzard fly into me while on a short ride at lunch..damn near busted my knuckes as it bounced off the left side of my handlebar at 50 mph. All i could think of was the bird scene in Wild Hogs. Looks like i'm not the only one having trouble with these big, ugly,bastiges.....

Old 07-02-2008, 08:51 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Left turning SUVs are SOBs.[:@]&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\ ; I know from a really&nbsp\\;BAD experiance.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
deadreckoning
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

You should always carry a sawed off shotgun when traveling...

Quick Reply: My A$$ is still clenching the seat