General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My A$$ is still clenching the seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 PM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My A$$ is still clenching the seat

ORIGINAL: Harleyridin77

I pull out of my neighborhood to take a nice ride out to Athens,GA to a dealership out there. Get 1/8th of a mile and I see this Lincon "Brickwall/Navigator" sitting to pull out. I always watch anyone waiting to pull out. Now im only doing 45 or so and watching the Lincons front tire. As I get to the point of no return she pulls out. I hit the brakes and the back locks up. Now I know this is bad but I didnt have a choice but to hit it hard and hope for the best as there is no where to go. Her coming across on one side and a nice life ending ditch on the other. As she has half the road covered she hears my tire sliding and stops. I get by with out a problem and turn at the next road to restart my heart. I then go about 1/4 of a mile and this damn buzzard lands in the road just ahead of me to get some roadkill snack. I see him in plenty of time and start to slow down. Someone was coming in the other lane so I just had to slow it down to see what this lumbering bastage is gonna do. Well then he starts to fly off, Now anyone who has paid attention to these less than gracefull birds know that them taking off requires some sort of thought for that little brain in that small head of theirs. Well this damn roadkill turkey damn near runs into me. I was only going about 25 when I was closing in on him and the damn thing was so slow in taking off that I thought we were gonna run into each other. I thought right then and there about turning around and just calling it a day.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
i think i saw this&nbsp\\;scene in a&nbsp\\;movie...mickey rourke played your part.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-03-2008, 01:46 AM
05Hog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two years ago one of the guys that used to ride with us hit a buzzard, causing him to loose control and hit an oak tree at 50 mph. Unfortunately he was killed upon impact. Like you said a buzzard is both slow and dumb.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:01 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Hang in there,we all have days like that every so often.I'll bet most seasoned bikers have plenty of stories to tell.Let the experience help make you a better rider.Good Luck

Old 07-03-2008, 11:44 AM
fotoflojoe
Tourer

I'm not the first to say it, but I whole-heartedly agree:
Stupidity should be painful.

ORIGINAL: Serpentsminion

An SUV almost turned left&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;and head into me today on the way home from work in a 35 zone.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; He stopped while I was startin a suicide swerve and a split second before&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I was about to lock up both ends.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I was able to&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; straighten out ok.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; As I went by the truck i see the f*kn ***** &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;lookin at me like it was MY fault...&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I wasn't speeding.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; And he didn't even have a blinker on. He was just an impatient f*k that wasn't paying attention.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; it was a thug wana-be,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; so of course,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; he&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; was obviously too cool to be at blame.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
If&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; the bike had gone down and I was able to get up and walk I'd have made the ten-o'clock news for pulling him out his window beating him into a fk'n coma.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I hate stupid people. And stupid people who are allowed to drive are worse yet.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn, WTF was going on yesterday?&nbsp\\; Some bad karma all around.&nbsp\\; My husband had two such incidents on the bike yesterday and a friend as well.&nbsp\\; Glad you made it through.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:32 PM
cobalt1999
Intermediate

I had a goose just miss me the other day.&nbsp\\; He was walking by the side of the road and sure enough took off when he heard the bike.&nbsp\\; Damn near hit the thing, the jeep behind me wasn't so lucky though, I heard the thump.

Old 07-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Hangfire1
Tourer

Let's all stay safe out there and have a Happy Fourth of July!!!

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 07-03-2008, 08:01 PM
JBaker421
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You gotta be on your toes all of the time. Glad you're OK.

PS Shoulda killed that buzzard. I hear they taste just like chicken.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 PM
pingman68
Road Master
Received 142 Likes on 94 Posts

ORIGINAL: dynaglider

Wouldn't a handlebar-mounted mini-gun come in handy in situations like that?
&nbsp\\;
That's frickin brilliant!!!
&nbsp\\;
I'd go for the "James Bond mini rocket launcher" myself.&nbsp\\; Why just shoot something when you can blow it up!!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:49 PM
intempestivus
Cruiser

Dude I think the gods were trying to tells you something. And btw, keep an eye out for the frickin deer too, they're almost as dumb as SUV drivers.

Quick Reply: My A$$ is still clenching the seat