General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So does riding contribute to road rage...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Dyna_Soar
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So does riding contribute to road rage...?

ORIGINAL: ebeattie

Blue, we ride in SoCal! The land of blissful ignorance from what I can tell. Everybody is in such an F'ing hurry around here and unless its the dead middle night or around 11pm, they ARENT GOING ANYWHERE FAST. OF course they dont know that and if they dont know that, it isnt THEIR fault! Right? Therefore drive like a total ******* ISNT what they are doing. No no, they are mearly doing what, in their mind, is perfectly ok given the situation.

Darlin, I think you need to start taking some mirrors off!
&nbsp\\;
I came to the Los Angeles area about three years ago after riding for 12 years in Texas. People do dumb things all over. But I did notice that when someone did something stupid in Texas that almost ruined my day (or my life), and I honked or made them aware, many times they would come alongside, roll down their window and attempt to apologize. I have even had people follow me into a parking lot, etc. to tell me that the didnt see me and they were sorry.
But here in Southern California, I have only had that happen once in three years. And last week, I pulled up next to a woman in an SUV who's gas cap cover was open and the gas cap was still hanging from the tether. She obviously forgot to close it all up after her last fillup. So I pulled along side her at the next stop, on the passenger side, gave a quick toot of my horn and pointed to the gas cap area. She gave me the finger, yelled something in Spanish (surprise) and drove off.
If I had more time, I would have thrown a lit match in her gas pipe.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
JazNine
Novice

Maybe it's because it's hotter out but it seems like there's even more aggressive driving lately, particularly from those with huge vehicles. My pet theory is that they're pissed off about high gas prices and are desperately trying to keep supporting a "way of life" lifestyle that is no longer supportable. I expect they'll calm down a bit when they finally dump their guzzlers and drive a Ford Focus. But until then all bets are off because they really really really want to keep driving their huge enhancement vehicles.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,442 Likes on 4,357 Posts

I started gettin angry again with dumass cagers, but am trying hard to step back from that.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Too many bad possibilities, cagers with guns, dope, those that are morons and don't care a whit about anything.[&o]&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
My LEO friends are being taught these days how to avoid anger and the dumping of large amounts of adrenalin into their system in chases and bad situations.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Cagers are gettin worse by the month... I'm&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;exercising ways to not get sucked into their crappy malaise.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Dyna_Soar
Banned

ORIGINAL: Big Sled

I started gettin angry again with dumass cagers, but am trying hard to step back from that.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Too many bad possibilities, cagers with guns, dope, those that are morons and don't care a whit about anything.[&o]&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
My LEO friends are being taught these days how to avoid anger and the dumping of large amounts of adrenalin into their system in chases and bad situations.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Cagers are gettin worse by the month... I'm&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;exercising ways to not get sucked into their crappy malaise.
&nbsp\\;
I know what you mean. I have been practicing shooting lefthanded so I can&nbsp\\;shoot my Glock without taking my hand off the throttle&nbsp\\;

Old 07-01-2008, 11:49 AM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been riding again for about 7 years and actually have become a more patient rider / driver.&nbsp\\; When I encounter an agressive driver, I try to first get them in front of me then get as far away from them as possible.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i agree it's the only thing we can do.it just dont matter how big or small. alot of time they do see ya but just dont care. and soon or later something big will go right over top of them.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:01 PM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Dyna_Soar
ORIGINAL: Big Sled
I started gettin angry again with dumbass cagers, but am trying hard to step back from that.&nbsp\\;Too many bad possibilities, cagers with guns, dope, those that are morons and dont care a whit about anything.[&o]
My LEO friends are being taught these days how to avoid anger and the dumping of large amounts of adrenalin into their system in chases and bad situations. Cagers are gettin worse by the month... I'm&nbsp\\;exercising ways to not get sucked into their crappy malaise.
I know what you mean. I have been practicing shooting lefthanded so I can&nbsp\\;shoot my Glock without taking my hand off the throttle.
You know...it may just come to that. [&o]

Old 07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Rebel Ryder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

some drivers/riders, etc. deserve to die.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chill out. I ride to relax. I try not to act on my first impulse and let it slide. But I am human so the fingers and bad words do fly every once in awhile but not as often as when I was younger.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Move to the country, screw a bunch of traffic.

Quick Reply: So does riding contribute to road rage...?