General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help-no w/shield, half helmet, need ear plug

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
gjb1952
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help-no w/shield, half helmet, need ear plug

ORIGINAL: scootertramp

The subjects on this forum never cease to amaze me!!!
&nbsp\\;
I am pretty sure you are referring to the "lame" subjects. Huh, just like this one!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 10:11 AM
gjb1952
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: trafficjams

oh. and by the way. for all you safety guys out there.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;a good pair of plugs is not a safety hazard. you can still hear. however your eardrums are not sustaining damaging concussion.
&nbsp\\;
+1 on this answer....Geeeesh. if you can afford a 20 thousand dollar motorcycle you can drive somewhere or order online a great pair of ear plugs that will provide protection from high piercing sounds but yet still let you hear lower frequency sounds around you.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:00 PM
FEAR
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ride with your head facing the side till your ear fills up with bugs, then look the other way and do the other ear!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: gjb1952

ORIGINAL: scootertramp

The subjects on this forum never cease to amaze me!!!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I am pretty sure you are referring to the "lame" subjects. Huh, just like this one!!!
[/quote
&nbsp\\;
Yep. It's like the blind leading the blind! It's a train wreck i can't keep my eyes off!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Serpentsminion
Cruiser

I just use pieces of&nbsp\\; cottonballs&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; and dig&nbsp\\; it out later with a key&nbsp\\; lol,&nbsp\\; redneck style.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Most earplugs i ever tried were just uncomfortable

Old 07-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Bat
Cruiser

ok, some of you may have missed my post in regard to "I got a windshield", so I can hear everything just fine now.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But, I also tried some ear plugs without the windshield and that worked also.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Second\\\\\\; I just wanted some quick suggestions.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Third, get in your car and roll-up the windows[/b]?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; What a putz.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Like mentioned\\\\\\; over 50mph it's just wind noise\\\\\\; over 75 pretty uncomfortable.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Shooting guns early on, loud music, etc.\\\\\\; so if I want to be able to hear my bike in regard to pipes (I like the sound), RPM's (which I can feel but prefer to hear also), etc. (all of which I can with my full face helmet, or with a windshield OR with my ear plugs)\\\\\\; that’s not man enough for you?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; ****-off and grow-up\\\\\\; do what you like how you like (as long as it doesn't jeopardize others) and I won't complain or judge, make asinine comments that attempt to make a statement about anyone (and there appear to be many) that might wear ear protection and that's your right also, but what an ***-hole.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:08 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: trafficjams

oh. and by the way. for all you safety guys out there.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;a good pair of plugs is not a safety hazard. you can still hear. however your eardrums are not sustaining damaging concussion.
Actually, the reason I hate to wear them is that I can't hear with them in, and they make me feel like I have a head cold.&nbsp\\; But, with my windshield, the wind noise is usually not bad at all.&nbsp\\; On the hot humid days which seem to substantially increase wind noise, I can get by by putting one ear plug in the ear the wind is blowing into, and then I can still hear out of the other ear.&nbsp\\; The exhaust noise is too far behind me to be a problem.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

without my shield, i need earplugs now too. the wind noise at 75mph+ makes me ears ring for hours.
&nbsp\\;
earplus work wonders for me now.... i JUST started using them... and am able to hear everything around me without a problem