General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Tour on Cozumel

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 10:20 AM
Tomahawk246
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Tour on Cozumel

Has anyone taken this tour Cozumel? I so tell me about it.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:29 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Harley Tour on Cozumel

Don't know anything about HD tour of Cozumel but the last time I was in Cozumel it was a good size island. It was big for an island but its still a island.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

Can't be much of a tour since Cozumel is only about 31 square miles... That's a scooter island.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Like most Caribbean Islands I am sure they have size limitations for bikes plus how far could one ride anyway? Nice place but unless its got paddles you ain't going too far.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:44 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

There is probably a days worth of riding there if you stop, shop and eat. I didn't know they harleys there. St Martin rents Harleys and it would be a pretty good place to ride for a day. But the road are&nbsp\\;tougher going.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior

Just rented a jeep in Cozumel 2 months ago. I have to say the jeep was definately worth it.
Don't know so much if a Harley would be - gets pretty windy on the east side of the island.
Roads are good just watch you don't go even slightly off them at speed - pretty treacherous in some spots! The island is flat too.
I'd do another Jeep tour for sure!
DO NOT rent a scooter - to many tourists "in Jeeps" not paying attention.

Old 06-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master

I was there last weekend diving. I asked the Divemaster on the boat if there was a place to rent a Harley and he said yes...but I forgot to get the info from him...sorry. There is a place in Playa you can rent then just ride the ferry over.

I wanted to rent one and ride around the island...the coastal road goes all the way around and I hear the beaches on the east side are nice.

BUT....have you seen the way they drive over there??? In San Miguel it's downright friggan scary.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

ORIGINAL: Scorpion07

Just rented a jeep in Cozumel 2 months ago. I have to say the jeep was definately worth it.
Don't know so much if a Harley would be - gets pretty windy on the east side of the island.
Roads are good just watch you don't go even slightly off them at speed - pretty treacherous in some spots! The island is flat too.
I'd do another Jeep tour for sure!
DO NOT rent a scooter - to many tourists "in Jeeps" not paying attention.
Good point. That side of the island was not much fun due to the strong winds. Back in the day when we went,&nbsp\\;I rented one of those VW Things... it was a blast to drive. A buddy of mine got plastered one evening at Carlos n Charlie's and dissappeared. We found him passed out in that "thing" with his head sticking out one door and his feet out the other...

Old 06-26-2008, 05:31 PM
SaltyBagger
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a buddy that rented a scooter on Cozumel and dumped it in a patch of gravel at the south end of the island. He broke his arm and had to get a medivac flight back to the states. That scooter rental cost him about $10k when it was all said and done. Plus they (he and wife) were only on day 3 of a week long vacation which, of course, was ended early. I have no problem renting a car in Mexico but I'm just not going to take the risk on 2 wheels.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:48 PM
rickxx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cozumel....carlos and charlies....good memories....of what i can remember.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Harley Tour on Cozumel