General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riders with Back problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008 | 04:20 PM
Nightster 13
|
Tourer
Default Riders with Back problems

For those of you out there with back problems, what bike and or set-up do you find gives you the most comfort for your aching back?

Old 06-24-2008 | 04:25 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Riders with Back problems

&nbsp\\; I have a pars defect in my back and I found that a Mustang solo seat and there back rest made a world of differance. It's so much better I&nbsp\\;forget about my back when riding.

Old 06-24-2008 | 05:01 PM
rwagon57
Tourer

I have degenerative disk disease in L1 through L5 and the riders backrest on my Ultra makes all the difference.&nbsp\\;With out it I'm in agony after 3-4 hours. With it I can ride all day: 15 hours on a recent trip to CA.

Old 06-24-2008 | 05:42 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member

Riders backrest and Ultra&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Riders backrest and Roadking&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; must be the riders backrest

Old 06-24-2008 | 06:00 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

I had surgery at L5. I'm most comfortable when I'm on a bike that I can change positions on, such as leaning forward putting feet on rear pegs, or leaning back and putting feet up on highway pegs.&nbsp\\; The Ultra is an extremely comfortable bike, especially with the back rest, but I'm confined to the one sitting position when riding.

Old 06-24-2008 | 06:04 PM
powaypete
Road Master

I've been using a back brace for years and before that a kidney belt.&nbsp\\; No back rest on the Mustang seat.&nbsp\\; Heritage Soft Tail.

Old 06-24-2008 | 06:04 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

Chronic back problems get an Ultra or a Road king. Stay away from softails, Dyna's, sportsters and all Hardtails. Air ride shocks and a good quality seat with a back rest makes all the difference. Floorboards -room to move and shift feet. Position of comfort and an air ride make all the difference in the world for backs with problems.

Old 06-24-2008 | 06:09 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

I have a herniated L4 as well as degeneration involving L2 through L5. The only thing I have used is an industrial type back support. It keeps me from "slouching" which brings on the pain. I also have a good sports medicine oriented Chiropractor who has done a great job on me. I'm actually more comfortable on my bike than in my car. No back rest on the bike, but that does not mean there won't be one in my future.

Old 06-24-2008 | 06:25 PM
stillwater
Tourer

I have no idea what's wrong with my back - but it aches like hell way too often.&nbsp\\; Anyways, like others, I use a Mustang solo with the drivers back rest - it rocks\\; the OEM seat that came with my RKC sucked and was the first change I made on the bike.

Old 06-24-2008 | 06:30 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Nightster 13

For those of you out there with back problems, what bike and or set-up do you find gives you the most comfort for your aching back?
&nbsp\\;
If'n I had a back problem, I sure would not be riding a Nightster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Riders with Back problems