General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schott v Fox Creek

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 09:28 PM
coldmcrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Schott v Fox Creek

Another happy Fox Creek customer here.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FD2

Dear all, I want to be James Dean (again) and have been looking on the web at Schott and Fox Creak jackets. Being in the Uk I can't get to actually handle the product so am looking for advice from those who can. Both seem like high quality items, the Schott has the heritage, the FC has vents - which make it more useable year round? I'd be grateful for whatever help you can provide.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Pete
&nbsp\\;
Actually wasn't James Dean famous for his red nylon jacket in "Rebel Without a Cause?"
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

[IMG]local://upfiles/1087/8629893CC249451C95D70140B1ACDA2D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-24-2008, 10:38 PM
07fxdb
Tourer

Fox Creek Bomber has excellent venting - the whole front opens up, with a second zipper underneath the first. Excellent workmanship and material. Well worth the money

Old 06-26-2008, 12:23 AM
oldbie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2,736 Likes on 770 Posts

ORIGINAL: Fogoms

I have always owned Schott jackets, my current one is a bomber jacket that I've had for 13 years.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; On the plus side, the leather weighs a ton and wears like iron.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; On the minus side, the pocket lining material is crap\\\\\\; I've had to replace the pocket linings three times and now it's time for a fourth replacement.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I put up with it because the leather is fine and I hate the thought of having to break in a new jacket (nothing looks worse than a new leather jacket\\\\\\; you have to smear a new jacket with bug guts and use it as a doormat for a couple of months before you can wear it in public).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Also, Schott doesn't make a vented jacket as far as I know.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
When the time comes for me to retire my jacket I will look into Fox Creek, mainly for the venting but also in the hope that their pocket linings are sturdier.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I won't rule out Schott, though.
&nbsp\\;
Pocket lining in the FC is very durable-sort of a "ballistic" nylon.

Old 06-26-2008, 12:34 AM
Zevron
Cruiser

Another vote for Fox Creek. By far the best leather jacket I have tried on.I can't speak for the Schotts.
Maybe you should be Marlon Brando.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:22 AM
Fogoms
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: oldbie

Pocket lining in the FC is very durable-sort of a "ballistic" nylon.
&nbsp\\;
Thanx for the info on the FC pockets.&nbsp\\; They'll definitely be on my list when it comes time to replace my Schott.&nbsp\\; In the meantime I'm gonna see if my tailor can get some of the tougher stuff for my next pocket replacement.

Old 06-26-2008, 06:34 AM
kemosabe2
Cruiser

I don't know about Schott, but I&nbsp\\;have a Fox Creek vented bomber and it rocks!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 07:53 AM
celticgent
Road Master

i&nbsp\\;own 2&nbsp\\;schott jackets, a pair of foxcreek gloves and bought my wife a foxcreek jacket.
&nbsp\\;
in my opinion, you can't go wrong with EITHER.
&nbsp\\;
both will work with you over the phone or email to help you figure out sizing....you can actually TALK TO A LIVE PERSON HERE IN AMERICA...
&nbsp\\;
both are high quality leather that will last for many decades.
&nbsp\\;
i love both my schott jackets ( i have&nbsp\\;this one both in black and brown...i got the brown one 70s vintage from fleabay for $180 and the black one New-Old-Stock from fleabay for $225)http://www.schottnyc.com/motorcycle-...cle-jacket.htm&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
i DO wish they had venting, though...
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
and yep, Marlon Brando wore a Schott in the Wild One.
&nbsp\\;

Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 AM
B_CONA
6th Gear

So what I gather from this information is: if you have a Schott, it is top notch and you love it; if you have a Fox Creek, it is top notch and you love it. I think that either one of them would be great. Both made in the USA, that is the important part. +10 for helping out our fellow American craftsmen.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I am on my second Schott after the first was stolen after 13 years. I got the exact same jacket again. Tired and true it will last forever. never had a Fox Creek, but I looked at their styles and they did not suit my taste.

Expensive? Yup. But well worth it. I figure I wear it daily and if I wore it for one year straight it would cost about $2 a day. I am sure I will have this for at least as many years as the last unless it gets stolen.

Quick Reply: Schott v Fox Creek