General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

little grand canyon, arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:30 PM
jd140400
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little grand canyon, arkansas

anyone here aver heard of or been to the little grand canyon in arkansas, if so where is it, what town is it near

Old 06-23-2008, 11:50 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: little grand canyon, arkansas

Are you talking about the area near Jasper, AR?&nbsp\\; If so you're talking about an area in the Ozarks about 70 miles from Fayetteville, AR.&nbsp\\; It's in the Ozark National forest and has the Buffalo River running through it.&nbsp\\; Nice river for a float trip.&nbsp\\; Beware the hillbillies, though. &nbsp\\;

Old 06-24-2008, 02:55 AM
MoMud
Advanced

Its on hwy 7. Beutiful ride.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:37 AM
bgkv77
Cruiser

"Grand Canyon of the Ozarks"&nbsp\\;is just a few miles south of Jasper on Hwy 7, Grab you some lunch at the Ozark cafe in Jasper. As far as the "beware of hillbillies" you won't meet nicer people in the country than in that part of Arkansas. Some good riding all around north Arkansas and down to Hot Springs.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:11 AM
turczytj
Cruiser

I'm taking a ride down there this weekend from St. Louis. Since it will be a pretty good distance, how far south of Jasper should I go before turning around? I don't want to miss anything scenic but I don't want to keep going if the nice scenery is to the north.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 AM
donbarnes
Intermediate

When you first leave Jasper on Hiway 7 heading toward Russellville you immediately climb a long steep hill and theres a gift shop/cafe at the top with a good view. But I think the area they call little grand canyon may be several miles on down the road. Theres another restaurant down that way overlooking a bluff, but can't remember the name of it...I made that trip several years ago in a Jeep with snow and ice on the ground and Hiway 7 officially closed- traveled about 40 miles through the mountains in 4-LO and you could see cars all down in the bottoms of the ravines...

Old 07-01-2008, 10:48 AM
RGDRYMO
Intermediate

I'll be there this weekend with the family, although we live in the Fayetteville area we love it over there. If you get a chance turn on Hwy. 74 in Jasper and go down in to the Boxley valley and check out the Elk, also check out the Buffalo river in that area it is awesome, plus it is a nice road to ride. Anyway have fun and ride safe...

Old 07-01-2008, 12:28 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome scenery, and I assume a great ride, in the summer. Went that route during an ice storm 2.5 years ago.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Lucky_one2
Tourer

From Jasper to Pelsor the road is clear.&nbsp\\; South of the junction for 7, 16, and 123 the road (Highway 7) is down to one lane due to a washout... so be careful.&nbsp\\; Cliff house Inn is the restaurant which overlooks the Little Grand Canyon.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Uncle Clay
Stage III

As stated Cliff House Inn is the main lookout for the Arkansas grand Canyon. Also heed the warning about the washout. I was up there last weekend and you come up on it pretty quick. They put signs out about a mile up the road telling you that the road in under construction. You keep driving and.....no construction, All of a sudden come around a curve and there is a big piece of the road missing in the south bound lane. It has barracades around it but it&nbsp\\;is sneaky. Could fit a full size cage in the hole.
Be safe and have a good trip.
Ultra Rider 05

Quick Reply: little grand canyon, arkansas