General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Alone:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008 | 12:39 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Riding Alone:(

Dont do a lot of organized rides, I ride with some freinds from time to time but like fxdc said excuses prior engagements blah blah its not to often. I ride alone a lot and enjoy its my escape from the hustle. If&nbsp\\;I waited for other people my bike would have 400&nbsp\\;miles on it. Quite often while riding alone on a weekend I wind up riding with a few people along the way thats ok to.&nbsp\\;Patriot Gaurd is a great org. and do a lot of good things but alot of it is during biz hours. your local HOG chapter could be your answer or you could try to enjoy the sound of being alone.
Ride Safe

Old 06-25-2008 | 01:30 PM
HarleyGirl76
Road Captain

Being female may make it easier for me to meet people to ride with, but in my experience if you get past the looks, talk about what you have in common, get out of the low profile mode and just have fun, you'll meet people to ride with.&nbsp\\; It's the same as meeting people anywhere else.&nbsp\\; At least in So. Cal., the hard core biker looking people are in cubicles and ties the rest of the week.&nbsp\\; I would probably be scared of someone with a Hells Angels patch too, but have never had a problem with any of them, just their rep - there are a lot of other people out there who are just like you.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Lisa

Old 06-25-2008 | 03:38 PM
SG Mike
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jason628

Greetings,
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
The people I ride with look like hard core people, but have corporate America jobs...Like Nuclear Scientist, English Professor, and Office Manager. I met these people through various events the local dealer would put on several years ago. The next event your dealer has, go to it. Talk to the people about the common thread: Motorcycles. You'd be surprised. You'll find people to ride with and maybe even learn a new route or 2 in the process.
&nbsp\\;
+1 on this. My wife always tells me when I put my gear on that I look like a hard core biker thug but I'm a Mechanical Engineer with a MBA. Meet the people and you'll find out that they share your passion for riding but are probably good people to boot! You can't judge a book by its cover.

Old 06-25-2008 | 03:46 PM
skipit
Ultimate HDF Member

Stay clear of the Stockton dealer... go to Mitchells in Modesto.. good people and good attitudes.. not gang types... plenty of locals around..

Old 06-25-2008 | 06:09 PM
dastark
Road Master

I don't know know that you've been back into riding long enough to meet and forge those friendships you're hoping for. I found that after riding a few years, I met folks that shared the same interest as I. Recently I added a sportbike to the garage..and lo and behold, I've met folks with the same interest. However, I prefer to ride alone..most of the time. I like to talk bikes, I like to go to bike events. But more times than not I want to be by myself. Antisocial? Maybe. Or maybe I deal with people all all day long and riding time is therapy time.

Old 06-25-2008 | 06:59 PM
Calicruiser
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ebeattie

Welcome back ghost. Head on down to the regional forums here at HDF. Should be under the Pacific region.

Linky: https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_229/tt.htm

Start up a thread down there. Post your region city and introduce yourself. Met a few cool guys going on a ride planned in SoCal there.

&nbsp\\;
+1
&nbsp\\;
A bunch of riders from this forum did a ride up to Mt. Shasta about a month ago. From the threads I read many of them were actually meeting for the first time but seemed to know each other from discussions on this forum! It would be a good start to meet new people to ride with.

Old 06-25-2008 | 09:28 PM
lanny
Cruiser

Hey Fear, Im not there for a while but man, i sure dont like that "SENIORS 55"..today 55 is our new 45...I think SENIORS as you put it is 70 and more...Madonna is 50 i dont see her as a seniors in 5 yrs..lol

anyhooo....

why dont you be yourself...you dont have to be a HOG at all...You dont even have to ride a HD either...you ride what you want, wear what you want, be what you want...I ride a HD but you wont see me in Harley Jacket, boots, gloves etc etc..I dont believe in that...its called marketing...and its not a question of money either..just im not a "Wanna Be Harley" I am me and dont plan to change to a Harley Girl...I love my bike cause I just love my bike..

If you want to be or fit in as a HOG go for it...if not there are loads of places you can meet other bikers...someone mentioned Meetup.com...thats a great place for anything...or go on your own to a pitstop where bikers stop for coffee on weekends you will see them more...stop and talk to them...Im sure they dont bite...

enjoy life..just have fun riding your bike..just ride and go