General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Alone:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008 | 09:22 PM
psc
Road Captain
Default RE: Riding Alone:(

MT-
&nbsp\\;
I think you are spot-on.&nbsp\\; I ride with a couple of groups...and then sometimes solo.&nbsp\\; It's great to have options.&nbsp\\; At the end of the day, it's all about the ride!

Old 06-24-2008 | 07:57 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

HOG, American Legion Riders, Rolling Thunder, Southern Cruisers Riding Club, RETREADS, ABATE, CMA, CBA&nbsp\\;etc etc etc.... plenty of groups to pick from.... some have fees, some are free.... some are "service" groups , some are political groups, some just ride. YOU make the effort, you reap the rewards
&nbsp\\;
As one member said&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; "Friendships are not made on the black top. They are made at the stops in between. Ride often and stop from time to time and get to know your chapter"

Old 06-24-2008 | 08:10 AM
pulpfiction1
Intermediate

the ride is about who YOU are, not who your with.if you didnt get it when you were young i dont think you will get it now.
&nbsp\\;
just an opinion

Old 06-24-2008 | 08:39 AM
ghostd00d
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: pulpfiction1

the ride is about who YOU are, not who your with.if you didnt get it when you were young i dont think you will get it now.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
just an opinion
&nbsp\\;
Who says I didn't get it when I was young?&nbsp\\; My lifestyle when I was young is totally different than it is now.&nbsp\\; Trust me....when I was young I had plenty of people to ride with.&nbsp\\; I just choose not to ride with the same group now.&nbsp\\; You totally read my post wrong.&nbsp\\; I was trying to describe who I am not who others are.&nbsp\\; I think some folks around here are a bit thin skinned.

Old 06-24-2008 | 09:17 AM
AISTQM
Tourer

All the tips here.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; American Legion, Patriot gaurd, and HOG if you have to.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I personally prefer riding alone.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I'm leaving Thurs, Erie, PA to Oregon and Washington by myself but I know I will get to talk to new people every time I stop the bike if I want to.

Old 06-24-2008 | 11:45 AM
panamoncreel
Tourer

I just ride... Sometimes with people, a lot of times alone.&nbsp\\; I enjoy riding and that's all that really matters.&nbsp\\; It's always a story and an adventure whether with people or without.

Old 06-24-2008 | 12:06 PM
cadman311
Club Member

I like doing events every weekend some where in the area. I like riding with a group. But it not all ways the way it works out. Start out then you get a call come by we will go. Ok pick up them no problem till they tell you that they waiting for somebody else to come. Ok Get started again and stop to get gas again. Moving down the road some is hunger. We will have to stop. You would think fast food no way dinner. As you sit there think about the events going on as you are eating. OK we getting back on the road after all this. Someone will need to see a harley dealer for a shirt. As you get to the event and look around. They are ready to go. Somedays are just like this. I tell them that I will see them there maybe.

Old 06-24-2008 | 03:25 PM
FEAR
Tourer

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I CANT STAND HOG RIDES, TO STRUCTURED FOR ME, AND THEY GO TO SLOW. I'M NOT A MANIAC, AND I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY RIDE THE SPEEDLIMIT, BUT I HATE IT.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I AM FAIRLY YOUNG,32, BUT I LIVE IN AN ACTIVE ADULT COMMUNITY, MOSTLY SENIORS 55 AND OVER. THEY HAVE A GROUP THAT RIDES TOGETHER EVERY SUNDAY FOR BREAKFAST, I&nbsp\\;GO JUST BECAUSE I MISS RIDING IN A SMALL GROUP, BUT THEY ALL HAVE ****ING SUZUKI'S AND YAMAHAS, AND 1 GUY HAS A SPORTSTER.&nbsp\\; BUT I MISS&nbsp\\;WHEN I LIVED UP NORTH, ANYWHERE FROM 5 TO 40 OF US HEADING OUT ALL NIGHT LONG AND DOING NOTHIGN BUT RIDING TILL THE SUN CAME UP.&nbsp\\; HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND A GROUP HERE IN SOUTH FLA THAT LIKES TO RIDE LIKE I DO&nbsp\\;

Old 06-24-2008 | 03:54 PM
sofadog
Road Master

ORIGINAL: FEAR

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I CANT STAND HOG RIDES, TO STRUCTURED FOR ME, AND THEY GO TO SLOW. I'M NOT A MANIAC, AND I UNDERSTAND WHY THEY RIDE THE SPEEDLIMIT, BUT I HATE IT.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I AM FAIRLY YOUNG,32, BUT I LIVE IN AN ACTIVE ADULT COMMUNITY, MOSTLY SENIORS 55 AND OVER. THEY HAVE A GROUP THAT RIDES TOGETHER EVERY SUNDAY FOR BREAKFAST, I&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\;GO JUST BECAUSE I MISS RIDING IN A SMALL GROUP, BUT THEY ALL HAVE ****ING SUZUKI'S AND YAMAHAS, AND 1 GUY HAS A SPORTSTER.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; BUT I MISS&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\;WHEN I LIVED UP NORTH, ANYWHERE FROM 5 TO 40 OF US HEADING OUT ALL NIGHT LONG AND DOING NOTHIGN BUT RIDING TILL THE SUN CAME UP.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\; HOPEFULLY I CAN FIND A GROUP HERE IN SOUTH FLA THAT LIKES TO RIDE LIKE I DO&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\;

Fear
Go to the members meeting members forum.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; A great group of Florida riders get together and plan rides, right in your neighborhood.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Just look for the Florida Crew postings, can't miss it.

Old 06-24-2008 | 04:05 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

The&nbsp\\;Gaurd riders even took me. Who'd a thought.
Theres alot of good info on this thread for finding people to ride with.
&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Riding Alone:(