General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Alone:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008 | 03:10 PM
hdtwice
Road Master
Default RE: Riding Alone:(

ORIGINAL: ghostd00d

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I am in the Stockton area.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Open to anyideas.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
ORIGINAL: hdtwice

Hey Ghost, you say you are in N. Calif.......be a little more specific...I am in the Fairfield/Travis AFB area and have been riding a little over 20 years.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I commute 3x a week, then whatever I can on the weekends.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; If you are close enough, I'll show you some of the better rodes for riders and places to visit.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Again...where are you?
&nbsp\\;
I believe you are straight up hwy 12 from me approx an hour.&nbsp\\; Give me a shout sometime and we can do a ride throught the delta, or over here in the wine country.&nbsp\\; A longer ride, all day ride would be up throught the gold country.&nbsp\\; Lots of choices, just give me shout when you are ready.&nbsp\\; Half a day off for me on Saturdays, all day off on Sundays.

Old 06-23-2008 | 03:59 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior

take in the hollester run in mid july you will find 100 thou or so bikers there and somebody should be from your area also the same weekend los banos has a run just blast on down the freewy and check it out.. I don't do the HOG thing as they are all to old and slow for me I'm only 67 so have to wait awhile before I get to there stage in life.
prefer riding alone so I can do as I want go the speed I want etc.
check out hollester I woun't be going this year but haave been the lat 4 years including the year that wasn't....

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/98145102AA9C404FBBC6E72831514342.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-23-2008 | 05:50 PM
RideDglide
Tourer

Keep riding, you'll collect them along the way.&nbsp\\; Careful what you ask for when the ride call list reaches 20+.&nbsp\\; All good...

Old 06-23-2008 | 06:08 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member

I'll be riding alone for the next two years, cause my buddy lost his license.

Old 06-23-2008 | 06:20 PM
Roadjunkie1
Banned

I would suggest talking to your dealer about their HOG chapter.&nbsp\\; Great way to meet new riders from all walks of society.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Some of the self proclaimed "I'm a biker and your not" types look down on HOG in general.&nbsp\\; It's like anything else, you get out of it what you put into it.
&nbsp\\;
Good luck..most of all.have fun dude.

Old 06-23-2008 | 06:38 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member

start a ride here a/o check www.meetup.com or similar type of sites

Old 06-23-2008 | 08:00 PM
ghostd00d
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: psc

American Legion Riders in your own hometown.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; A great group of Warriors!!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; http://www.alrdoc.com/ALR_DOC/Links.html
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Best of luck!
&nbsp\\;
Thank you very much psc.&nbsp\\; This might be my new home.&nbsp\\; I have an email into them now.

Old 06-23-2008 | 08:28 PM
psc
Road Captain

Best of luck...I am positive you will have a great time with these guys, I sure have.

Old 06-23-2008 | 08:49 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Ill tell ya, I'm a war veteran and a member of the VFW, the Legion, the Eagles, I'm a HOG member and a member of ABATE, and I'm a Freemason. If I wanted a group to ride with I have a large choice, but I prefer solo rides or a low number group of friends that I can trust to ride with. Ride a 15 + bike ride a come back and tell us your preference. I think you'll be looking into your rear view as much as you're looking at the road ahead.

Old 06-23-2008 | 09:18 PM
black dyna
Tourer

go on some local poker runs and you will met people.

Quick Reply: Riding Alone:(