General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Alone:(

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:16 PM
ThePirate
Cruiser
Default RE: Riding Alone:(

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy group rides but I like riding alone.&nbsp\\; Different strokes.....

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:20 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

I enjoy riding alone as well, but I prefer my group rides to not exceed 4 or 5 bikes of riders I can trust. Nothing better in my opinion.

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:21 PM
BadBoyFLSTC
Banned

Keep trying the HOG route. Sounds like it might be the best group for you.

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:26 PM
ghostd00d
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: MTBlood

ORIGINAL: ghostd00d

Look....I am not trying to start a **** storm here and if what I said was offensive I apoligize.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I have tried but it seems I am somewhat intimidated by those who are wearing a Hells Angel patch on their jacket.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Sorry.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Let me rephrase this....What is the best way for a newbie to get to know local riders and join in on the experiance of group riding.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I need some direction.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I am tired of waving to others when all I want to do is turn around and join them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; And I dont give a crap what they look like.
You didn't offend me man. I know it's an ad on hdforums so I'll give up the address. I've found that the social network bikerornot.com can connect you to many riders in your area, and inform you of organized rides around where you live.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Thanks for the info...just joined.&nbsp\\; I am usually on the road during the week working, returning home on Friday.&nbsp\\; Then I get the total shock of seeing there is a poker run going on that weekend.&nbsp\\; Bout all I can do is stay out of the way so I don't get run over.

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:28 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

Look....I am not trying to start a **** storm here and if what I said was offensive I apoligize.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I have tried but it seems I am somewhat intimidated by those who are wearing a Hells Angel patch on their jacket.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Sorry.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Let me rephrase this....What is the best way for a newbie to get to know local riders and join in on the experiance of group riding.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I need some direction.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I am tired of waving to others when all I want to do is turn around and join them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; And I dont give a crap what they look like.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
ok... i'll feed into your "**** storm"... you've got hangups there friend. get over yourself.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
referring to your other posts, just how many "events" have you been to?? one?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; two? in your first post, you state that you keep a "low profile". how do you expect to meet anyone like that? do you think they are gonna roll out the red carpet when you arrive? are you that self-centered?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
so my advice is to put a smile on that low profile face of yours and go start talking about bikes at whatever screwy events you may be attending and find the "common thread" that another poster has mentioned here.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
and btw... aint nobody gonna slap a "prospect" designation on your azz&nbsp\\;unless you deserve it.

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:40 PM
BCguy
Road Captain

Different strokes for different folks but I've never understood the 'pack ride' philosophy. I LIKE to ride by myself - I can go as fast or slow as a I want, I can stop when I want, I can detour off in a different direction if I want. I love to talk to fellow bikers when we meet at rest stops but I never feel the need to ride with them.

Just enjoy the ride\\; you don't need company to do it.

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:43 PM
ghostd00d
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: trafficjams

Look....I am not trying to start a **** storm here and if what I said was offensive I apoligize.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I have tried but it seems I am somewhat intimidated by those who are wearing a Hells Angel patch on their jacket.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Sorry.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;
Let me rephrase this....What is the best way for a newbie to get to know local riders and join in on the experiance of group riding.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I need some direction.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I am tired of waving to others when all I want to do is turn around and join them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; And I dont give a crap what they look like.
ok... i'll feed into your "**** storm"... you've got hangups there friend. get over yourself.
referring to your other posts, just how many "events" have you been to?? one?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; two? in your first post, you state that you keep a "low profile". how do you expect to meet anyone like that? do you think they are gonna roll out the red carpet when you arrive? are you that self-centered?
so my advice is to put a smile on that low profile face of yours and go start talking about bikes at whatever screwy events you may be attending and find the "common thread" that another poster has mentioned here.
and btw... aint nobody gonna slap a "prospect" designation on your azz&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;unless you deserve it.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
and btw... aint nobody gonna slap a "prospect" designation on your azz&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;unless you deserve it.

First off...don't deserve it....don't want it....aint me.&nbsp\\; GOT IT?&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Not here to prove how tough I am...not here to impress anyone.&nbsp\\; All I want is someone to ride with....and by your post you just reinforce the stigma that I need to somehow prove my "worthiness" to ride with you.&nbsp\\; I rest my case.

Old 06-22-2008 | 10:51 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: trafficjams

Look....I am not trying to start a **** storm here and if what I said was offensive I apoligize.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I have tried but it seems I am somewhat intimidated by those who are wearing a Hells Angel patch on their jacket.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Sorry.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Let me rephrase this....What is the best way for a newbie to get to know local riders and join in on the experiance of group riding.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I need some direction.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I am tired of waving to others when all I want to do is turn around and join them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; And I dont give a crap what they look like.
referring to your other posts, just how many "events" have you been to?? one?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; two? in your first post, you state that you keep a "low profile". how do you expect to meet anyone like that? do you think they are gonna roll out the red carpet when you arrive? are you that self-centered?
and btw... aint nobody gonna slap a "prospect" designation on your azz&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;unless you deserve it.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
and btw... aint nobody gonna slap a "prospect" designation on your azz&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;unless you deserve it.

First off...don't deserve it....don't want it....aint me.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; GOT IT?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Not here to prove how tough I am...not here to impress anyone.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; All I want is someone to ride with....and by your post you just reinforce the stigma that I need to somehow prove my "worthiness" to ride with you.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I rest my case.
&nbsp\\;
yeah yeah yeah lol

Old 06-22-2008 | 11:12 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

I've met some of the best friends who are fellow riders by chatting on this forum.&nbsp\\; I'm not into the heavy biker thing either but somehow the folks I've hooked up with are cut from similar fabric.&nbsp\\; And I don't think you have to leave who you are on the sideline to find good people who'll ride with you.&nbsp\\; If you belong to local organizations and clubs I'm sure you'll find&nbsp\\;several, people there who also ride.&nbsp\\; Give it some time....they'll come.
&nbsp\\;
For now, ride alone and just have fun!

Old 06-22-2008 | 11:20 PM
intempestivus
Cruiser

Hey Ghostd00d, once it's in your blood you never get it out huh? I didn't ride for about 15 years before I started back about 7 years ago.
&nbsp\\;
I'm told I look the biker part but only on weekends. I have a master's degree, own my own company and travel doing the corporate thing Mon-Fri. Since I can't ride much during the week I don't get the chance to go to "bike night" at the local hangouts and more times than not I have work to do on weekends when the HOG guys have something going on. Sometimes I meet people on the road and ride with them for a while but that doesn't happen much. All that said, I ride alone most of the time and I'm fine with that.
&nbsp\\;
You might try looking around at work for guys who ride. I was working a job in Texas recently and had a chance conversation with the CEO about bikes and we wound up doing a weekend ride. Also, check with some local non-dealer shops. Those guys usually know everyone and you'll be able to tell quickly whether they are the gangsta types or just motorheads. The motorheads will usually hook you up with some folks you might like.
&nbsp\\;
And btw, just because you described yourself the way you did doesn't mean you were judging anyone else. I didn't take it that way and those who did are obviously a tad too self-conscious. If one truly doesn't give a damn what others think I doubt they'd be protesting on a web forum. Ride on brother.

Quick Reply: Riding Alone:(