General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wife will not ride with me

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:14 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts
Default RE: My wife will not ride with me

I have tried for 42 years.&nbsp\\; Do what I have done - give up!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:04 AM
Jonnyrod
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty and smart too. This is the best advice I saw in the thread
ORIGINAL: GeorgiaGirl

Some of these comments are great.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I always particularly love the one about, "Your wife needs to know her place."&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; (Insert swagger). You mean, I have a "place"?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
But I digress.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I am assuming Teagan that the bike in your sig is what you're riding and asking your wife to ride on the back of.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I don't see a sissy bar and pad on it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Do you have one?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Either way, I can tell you that riding two up on those small pillion pads, even with a sissy bar and pad is not the most comfortable or secure feeling and I for sure wouldn't want to have to do it for any length of time.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Gain some experience and increase the comfort level for her and you might find a change of heart.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Also, have some talks with her about mindset on the bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; She needs to take in the sights, sounds and smells that you miss in a cage and not be focused on everything that could go wrong.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Hopefully she'll come around but be realistic as it may just never be her thing. Keep the shiny side up.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 06-25-2008, 07:06 AM
Jonnyrod
Novice

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I'm pretty sure he's pissing on a CVO.....gotta go with that.
ORIGINAL: BACKRUB69

wafu321.... is that avatar of yours pissing on the American Eagle, or Harley's? I dont get the joke! It's offensive to me.(mho) Can you explain?
&nbsp\\;leta[:-]

** edited to narrow page

Old 06-26-2008, 03:25 PM
grumpa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I got that phone call while I was out on my bank run.
The Honda lady said she was off work early and had some
info on the different models of Harleys
She bought me a beer and we went over her info. she is looking at a Bagger. With out the trunk bag, She can handle it because she has nice long legs, cute figure, but&nbsp\\;my concern is the age. well she handle it in 10 years when she hits the 55 mark. ( well there is always a trike) Her Honda is a beast so I think she could do it. Next we need to find the right bagger and then let her ride it. then I'll see what the wholesaler has. Thats how I got mine, FXDP MSRP was 11k i got it for $7800.She's a reside Widow so there is extra money around.
&nbsp\\;Nice lady we talked about doing some more riding over the week end. I'll see what our HOG bunch is doing.
&nbsp\\;well we'll see I think she needs to bring her Brat kid along.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Lil3rdSt
Advanced

Silly duck, don't you know that is what girlfriends are for?

ORIGINAL: Teagan

I got my bike about 2 months ago, but it took me 3 months before that to talk my wife to let me get one. \\\\\\; My wife is convinced that she's going to get killed by another driver if she rides with me. \\\\\\; I've been trying to get her to ride with me ever since I got the bike. \\\\\\; Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get her to ride with me?

Thanks,
Teagan

Old 06-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Plow64
Stellar HDF Member
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts

Maybe it's a vote of no-confidence in your riding skills.&nbsp\\; Give it time.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Nitram_b4
Advanced

Last Time my wife rode with me I was 21 years old...now I am 51 and she will not ride...says its not her thing
And about asking her if I could buy one...I had bikes all my life, I would tell her to f_ _k off
Don't get me wrong, we talk over a lot of things...but this has always been my thing

Old 06-26-2008, 06:42 PM
grumpa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Martin
&nbsp\\;you guys have been together for 30 years. damn good job Congrates

Old 06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Your giving your wife too much power bud.Shes revolting because she is used to you asking for&nbsp\\;the OK.One sure way to get her on the back is to ride through the neighborhood with a young blonde on the back.One of two things will happen,she will realize that your damn tired of riding alone and come with you....OR she will put your stuff in Hefty bags and throw them onto the lawn outside.Then you can find someone who LIKES to ride.Its a win win situation bud

Old 06-26-2008, 07:22 PM
djamann
Club Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you ever figure it out, let me know.&nbsp\\; I'm in the same boat.&nbsp\\; She road with me 20 years ago when we were dating, but nothing now.&nbsp\\; She says someone has to live for the kids.&nbsp\\; I know cycling is more dangerous than a cage - but give me a break - when it's your time it's your time whether you are on a bike, in a car or in a tank

Quick Reply: My wife will not ride with me