General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wife will not ride with me

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:50 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My wife will not ride with me

My wife won't ride with me either - thus the solo seat.&nbsp\\; But we are of an age where we have different hobbies and don't live in each other's pockets.&nbsp\\; If yoy want your wife to ride with you get the biggest boobed babe you can find and pay her to ride home with you and&nbsp\\; just drop her off after alot of engine revving just out side your house.
&nbsp\\;
Your wife will then ask you who that was and you can say your riding buddy since she won't go with you - wasn't much at marriage councelling either......

Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

&nbsp\\;you lucky bugger

Old 06-23-2008, 08:01 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gaffy52

My wife won't ride with me either - thus the solo seat.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But we are of an age where we have different hobbies and don't live in each other's pockets.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; If yoy want your wife to ride with you get the biggest boobed babe you can find and pay her to ride home with you and&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; just drop her off after alot of engine revving just out side your house.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Your wife will then ask you who that was and you can say your riding buddy since she won't go with you - wasn't much at marriage councelling either......
&nbsp\\;
Ya think!?&nbsp\\;

Old 06-23-2008, 09:46 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

My wife refused to let me buy a bike.&nbsp\\; I got it anyway.&nbsp\\; She refused to ride with me, so I found someone who would.&nbsp\\; Many thousands of miles and many great places visited I realized the only sensible thing to do is trade in the wife for a more adventuresome model.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:01 AM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: rh8234

My wife refused to let me buy a bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I got it anyway.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; She refused to ride with me, so I found someone who would.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Many thousands of miles and many great places visited I realized the only sensible thing to do is trade in the wife for a more adventuresome model.
Excellent! Another example of a&nbsp\\;man in control of his own life.

Old 06-23-2008, 10:01 AM
2kanzam
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: MTBlood

consider yourself lucky and enjoy the peace and quiet of a long ride alone.
&nbsp\\;
Exactly.....why do you think I got a bike with a solo seat!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;About&nbsp\\;to get a suction cup seat just to shut her up tho....

Old 06-23-2008, 10:04 AM
donna.1965
Moderator "Queens Of The Road" Forum

ORIGINAL: 2of2

My wife does not ride with me much either. I just look at it as though this is my thing, not hers. I don't bug her about it and she doesn't bug me about taking off for the day, or weekend in some cases. If I am gone all day on the weekend, I usually&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;make time for her when&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;I return. We are going on a 600 mile trip this weekend and she is going with. She will probably spend a lot of time in the chase vehicle. Thanks Donna! (see earlier post). My advise is to not push her. Just ease her in to it, if she is willing. If not, then enjoy the solo ride.
No problem, Dean!&nbsp\\; See ya Saturday!

Old 06-23-2008, 10:11 AM
rprpclark
Cruiser

Seems like most bikes come with passenger seats (if they come with passenger seats) made for models in bikinis to take pictures on, not for real humans to ride on. Our SuperGlide has a Sundowner seat with a 12" wide passenger portion, a backrest, luggage rack with leather trunk for her "stuff" (and mine). To me&nbsp\\; a bike equiped for at least some utility looks more "cool" than most of the solo bada$$ bikes and is more likely help my wife enjoy our rides.

Old 06-23-2008, 12:24 PM
fotoflojoe
Tourer

After a year of swearing never to get on the Road King, a couple weeks ago, my wife decided she wanted a ride. Now, she really likes it. Of course, it helped that I prepped last year with a spare helmet and a nice tall back rest.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Mr_taterhead
Cruiser

I told my wife that if she ever got the itch to ride with me, I would get her a bike of her own.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
I don't have any desire to be hugged all the way to where I am going.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I think she will be getting a bike next summer

Quick Reply: My wife will not ride with me