General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wife will not ride with me

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:44 AM
lanny
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My wife will not ride with me

Man, I've been reading all your post, so of you boys are really "Miserable" A little hint for the Miserable boys, A Happy Wife (or girlfriend) Is A Happy Husband...He gets what HE WANTS FROM HER if she's happy with you!!!!!!! duhhhhhhhhhhhh wake up!!!!!!!!!! &nbsp\\; Yes you can ride on your own cause we all need our space at times. But if your wife is happy with you she will tell you to go on your own cause she already knows that you need your space too...

Ok back to the post..

Like most of us said, why dont you take her to a course cause they teach you on small bikes. She wont feel scare. You just warn the person that is giving the course and he/she will know what to do. I warned the guy myself and he took care of me cause he knew I had an accident many years ago. When we went on the road test he put me next to him and not in the back. I did fine and pass with flying colours...just bring her to see how they do in a course. My husband would bring me&nbsp\\; to see people learning and riding around the track. Then one day he said you can do that. The bikes are small so I did. Few years later I ride my own bike.

Oh get her a nice Mustang seat and a nice back rest. That might work too.

Do you have small kids? If so, that might be a reason why she doesnt want to get on..

Old 07-02-2008, 09:39 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"my two favorite passions, 1) my bike and 2) my wife."
At least you have your priorities&nbsp\\;in the correct order.
&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;

Old 07-05-2008, 09:35 PM
lanny
Cruiser

Nice bike FL DEUCE

Old 07-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Frankster69
Tourer

She had no problem&nbsp\\; putting&nbsp\\;her leg over my bike&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; lol

Old 07-05-2008, 10:47 PM
jdvorchak
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a GL1800 and a sportster. She won't ride either or ride with me. Same story. She does not feel comfortable and perhaps more than just a little scared. I view this as a good thing as I don't really feel comfortable riding 2 up anyway.... Well... ok if she is the least bit hot and has nice pillows for me to rest my back into... I could get used to that.... Forget what I said about riding 2 up....

Old 07-06-2008, 02:11 AM
grumpa
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

&nbsp\\;A friend of my late wifes rode on the back of her husbands bike till he got her a bike of her own,
She rode&nbsp\\; solo for two years and sold the bike and bought a classic Ford Mustang , She told me he is happy as **** and she is ever more happier,&nbsp\\;they go their own ways.Both&nbsp\\;are in their mid 50's and married from high school , living in Texas. &nbsp\\;So space counts,
Here on my ranch we have a real cow girl with three horses and a iron horse cow boy. Wide open spaces&nbsp\\;are great.SOLO

Old 07-06-2008, 03:57 AM
nigelgeast
Road Captain

&nbsp\\;
Hi, my wife has never ridden with me not when we were young and not now, I have always been a early morning person, so while she sleeps in on a Sunday I do my long ride, this sunday did a 300 km ride and was home for breakfast, which I served her in bed, we feel it is something that suits us both, I have never forced the issue, she travells quite a lot something my job does not allow me so that is when I go on the club rides, just keeps us both happy,

[IMG]local://upfiles/65774/FA82BD8F06974BB0AE1F6D25199FBEDA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-06-2008, 07:29 AM
jrken1
Advanced

WAA!&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;WAA!&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;WAA !!!!!!!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Are you for real ...................

Old 07-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Professor
Road Captain
Received 190 Likes on 53 Posts

And the problem is?

Actually, my wife practices the 20-20 rule. Either 20 miles or 20 minutes and that's it. Then, she engages in dolby stereo bitching.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:51 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Teagan

I got my bike about 2 months ago, but it took me 3 months before that to talk my wife to let me get one.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; My wife is convinced that she's going to get killed by another driver if she rides with me.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I've been trying to get her to ride with me ever since I got the bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get her to ride with me?

Thanks,
Teagan
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
You said it, you had to ask yer wife before ou could go git a bike, look on the nail on the wall and see what is hanging there, When you git a pair of those, mabe you can git yer wife to do what you want.
Why do so many dudes let live in Hell having to ask their wife for a kitchen pass.
My OL called me while I was at the HD dealer gittin a new bike and said what are you doing, I said I went to see a man about a DOG !

Quick Reply: My wife will not ride with me