General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went down for the first time :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:26 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Went down for the first time :(

Glad you survived it.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Karma will catch up to that lady.

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:32 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

ORIGINAL: Lincoln33

Glad you survived it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Karma will catch up to that lady.
&nbsp\\;
One can only hope.&nbsp\\; May Crytoboy be around to witness it.&nbsp\\; Glad you're okay.&nbsp\\; Be careful and vigilant out there.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:32 AM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

Glad you're okay.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
From a lessions learned:&nbsp\\; need to think of anything you could have done differently to avoid that situation.&nbsp\\; If so, let us know.
&nbsp\\;
But, when cages do that to me: at least screaming / yelling makes me feel better.&nbsp\\; In my younger days, I was worse.
&nbsp\\;
Fix her up and ride on.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:33 AM
Dragon Rider
Cruiser

"OMG, That 'BIKER" (1%er) will think I caused that, I'm dead. OMG RUN."
There are two type of riders&nbsp\\; those who have went down and those who will!! Fact of life.

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:34 AM
sbergloff
Road Captain

Glad you are still here to tell us about it.

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:46 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member

No, it wasn't stated that she almost killed him but going down on a motorcycle, or a bicycle, at 35 mph to me constitues almost being killed.
&nbsp\\;
I find it incredble that this ahole drives off and doesn't stop and check on him and&nbsp\\;your concern&nbsp\\;is that people need&nbsp\\;to "relax a little" and "get a clue".&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;I think you need to "get a clue".
&nbsp\\;
Maybe you'd feel differently if it were you that were cut off,&nbsp\\;went down and the idiot drives off.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: gjb1952

ORIGINAL: petemac

Did you miss the part where&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;she drove off after she almost killed him? I think I'd be pretty pissed!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
ORIGINAL: WingIt

Jeesh, I can't believe some of you people, I'm sure glad you all are perfect drivers and never made a mistake and never didn't see somebody and pull out in front of them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Some of you guys act like because you are on a bike he should have got up off the ground ran over to the car and shot the lady for making a mistake.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Give me a break, just be thankful nobody was hurt any worse then they were and all walked away..
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
It doesn't say anywhere in the post that she "almost killed him". Actually go back to the first post. There is more talking about the damage on his bike then him being hurt. I agree, some of you guys need to relax a little. Think the screaming and yelling does any good?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Get a clue.

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:53 AM
Healey2Harley
Road Master

Glad your OK, hope your back in the saddle soon.

Old 06-19-2008 | 01:14 PM
Cryptoboy
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Thanks everyone.&nbsp\\; I'm doing ok today, I'm able to put a little weight back on my ankle today.&nbsp\\; My wife was surprised I was even brave enough to ride the bike home after the accident (rode around the shopping center to make sure there wasn't anything more that superficial damage).&nbsp\\; I was quite pissed at the time, but what can you do (especially when they drive off?)&nbsp\\; I'm not sure if there was much else I could've done.&nbsp\\; I guess in theory I could've swerved into the left lane, but it happened so fast I wasn't sure if that lane was occupied (which could've really f-ed me up!)&nbsp\\; Even the truck behind me that stopped to make sure I was ok, the first things out of his mouth were "Where the fk did she come from?"&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008 | 01:47 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Cryptoboy

I guess it's more accurate to say she pulled into my lane (from the left lane into mine, the far right).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Well since she didn't even stop (or slow down), I'd have to go with the latter!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The truck that stopped behind me said she even looked in her mirror and kept going!&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; He didn't see where she came from either though.
&nbsp\\;
Almost the exact same thing happen to me on the 57 freeway. No stop not anything. I tell you there was an Angel behind me. This lady stops behind me to stop traffic and runs out and hugs me practically in tears telling that she saw and started to pray. My only regret I was so stunned from the whole thing I did not get her name and properly thank her. Take care and I hope yu get back on the road soon. The only bummer HD parts take for ever to get.

Old 06-19-2008 | 05:25 PM
JBA111
Road Captain

&nbsp\\; She didn't hit you and you didn't hit her so I still dont understand why you went down?&nbsp\\; did you lockup and low side or highside?&nbsp\\; Or lockup with&nbsp\\;the front end turned away from her causein yu to go down?&nbsp\\; did you lay her down to stop faster ?
&nbsp\\; I can see you&nbsp\\;being pissed dead off cause she cut you off, but it kinda sounds like you should examine your reactions in emergency stoping too!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; and I'm askin this for the new riders out there who dont know&nbsp\\;that layin a bike down to emergency stop is a big NONO. you&nbsp\\;will stop faster&nbsp\\;with rubber on the road!&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\; I hope you heal fast and get the bike back up crypto&nbsp\\; good luck&nbsp\\;to you man&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Went down for the first time :(