General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went down for the first time :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008 | 05:59 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: Went down for the first time :(

Did you miss the part where&nbsp\\;she drove off after she almost killed him? I think I'd be pretty pissed!
&nbsp\\;
ORIGINAL: WingIt

Jeesh, I can't believe some of you people, I'm sure glad you all are perfect drivers and never made a mistake and never didn't see somebody and pull out in front of them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Some of you guys act like because you are on a bike he should have got up off the ground ran over to the car and shot the lady for making a mistake.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Give me a break, just be thankful nobody was hurt any worse then they were and all walked away..

Old 06-19-2008 | 06:19 AM
Gaffy52
Road Master

Glad you are OK and no real harm done.&nbsp\\; Hope you get the bike fixed up soon and ride safe.

Old 06-19-2008 | 06:53 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Wingit she drove off after looking!!!! That is a crime and yes he should be pissed. Maybe you havn"t had that experience yet but you can't always avoid those moves. BE SAFE they are all trying to kill us!!!

Old 06-19-2008 | 08:14 AM
TideRKC
Tourer

Glad you're ok.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
WingIt - that doesn't excuse her from not stopping
&nbsp\\;
I'm surprised no one has blamed Cryptoboy&nbsp\\;for not paying attention

&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008 | 08:27 AM
bkelly1956
Tourer

sorry to hear.&nbsp\\; no excuse for not stopping.

Old 06-19-2008 | 08:48 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior

Glad to hear your ok and thats all that happened. I went down cause a car popped out from behind a parked car and startled the crap outta me! Locked up the front brake on an old patch of road paint AND was on a downward slope. I tore up the paint on my fender, put a dent in my tank and scratched the Front master cylinder bad. Other stuff broke too, but those were easy to replace. Factory paint on the other hand...

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:10 AM
WingIt
Advanced

No of course she should not have drove off after that, but maybe it was to late for me and I didn't see the part where she drove off after it happened.

Well I guess it was bound to happen eventually (been riding about 6 years). Lady pulled in front of me and proceeded to slam on her brakes, causing me to lock up and go down.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Sprained my right ankle and have a little road rash on my shoulder and knee (about 35mph).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Bike is mostly ok, engine guard and saddlebag guard is scratched, as well as the lid (popped open when I hit I guess).&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Everybody be safe out there!
Where did it say that.?

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:15 AM
WingIt
Advanced

OK Got it must have missed his second post, my bad..

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:20 AM
gjb1952
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: petemac

Did you miss the part where&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;she drove off after she almost killed him? I think I'd be pretty pissed!
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
ORIGINAL: WingIt

Jeesh, I can't believe some of you people, I'm sure glad you all are perfect drivers and never made a mistake and never didn't see somebody and pull out in front of them.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Some of you guys act like because you are on a bike he should have got up off the ground ran over to the car and shot the lady for making a mistake.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Give me a break, just be thankful nobody was hurt any worse then they were and all walked away..
&nbsp\\;
It doesn't say anywhere in the post that she "almost killed him". Actually go back to the first post. There is more talking about the damage on his bike then him being hurt. I agree, some of you guys need to relax a little. Think the screaming and yelling does any good?&nbsp\\; Get a clue.

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:23 AM
Mr_taterhead
Cruiser

I went down the first day I rode my first bike...
&nbsp\\;
People always say that its a matter of when, not if....so I guess I got it out of the way right off the bat...bent my pipes at the tip end, leather burned my thighs pretty bad.
&nbsp\\;
Glad you are ok and the bike will make it through.

Quick Reply: Went down for the first time :(