General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kendon Folding Trailers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 12:08 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kendon Folding Trailers?

yeah yeah... trailering sucks... okay now that we cleared that up I was wondering:

How good can these folding trailers really be? Typically I will ride my bike just about everywhere... but with a wife that does not want to always sit on the back of the bike for 400+ miles and with the kid... Well... Things get complicated.

An enclosed trailer would be great but takes up a ton of space... These kendon trailers seem to be a good way to get past that but are they really safe? I did a search and saw that a guy in the Touring Forum actually had a trailer break loose and pass him on the highway! Nice...

Aside from runaway trailers anyone have any other experience to pass on with these trailers? Do they fold up easy? No storage problems? No issues trailering? (aside from the license plates getting ripped off from what I have seen).

Also.. I would probably entertain getting a dual trailer but would most likely have one on it more than two... Any issues there? I would get the dual because I do have a friend that never wants to ride places... Always wants to trailer to the far off stuff... but his trailer gives me the ******* and there is no way my HOG is going on that thing.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:08 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Kendon Folding Trailers?

I am not against trailers by any means - I have seen the discussions etc...but I think if they turn a situation from not riding into riding then by all means do it man!!! Now - Kendon makes a fine product from what I have seen but I see your bike in your sig and I would feel better if it was in a covered trailer - A small dual trailer in the perfect answer IMHO. You might find you get a ton of other uses out of it and it protects you bike much better - Any chance you and your bud can share the cost and/or the care and feeding of it?

Old 03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

I am sure he would be down with splitting the cost... The problem is finding a place to keep a monster trailer... I know they are not THAT big... But I have so many vehicles here now they are probably going to have to change my zoning if I get something else. =)

85 Fiero GT
98 Ford F150 4x4
04 Mazda RX-8
04 Dodge Caravan
06 Fatboy
02 Polaris ATV
03 John Deere

And I only have a two car garage... [:@]

Old 03-05-2006, 07:03 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

My ex and I had a dual rail Kendon and it was an excellent trailer. It was perfect for our needs as it would stand up and roll into the garage with ease and still had room to park the Toyota 4Runner. In our neighborhood we could not have a trailer in the drive or yard. Ultimately, an enclosed is the way to go-if you have a place to keep it...

Old 03-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Hmmmmmmmmm - I would 86 the the 85 Pontiac and then keep the Polaris inside the trailer when not in use - PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!

Old 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

I cannot get rid of the Fiero... Sentimental Value... besides... I have too much $$$$ into it at this point... I am the second owner (first was dad).

And right now I am storing the Polaris in the neighbor's shed... =)

You are right though... probably time to loose a toy or two.

Since the vote seems to be for covered trailers... anyone have a suggestion on which brand? I see a lot of them out there... i am sure some are better than others.

Old 03-06-2006, 12:58 AM
rrockefe
Cruiser

I had the same problem with no storage space and got the single bike Kendon. Stands up and stores efficiently in small footprint. Tows like a dream. Been cross country (2700 mile trip) 3 times with it.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:15 AM
Budds
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

U-Haul

They store it.....tag it... insure it....ect.....

Budds..................

Old 03-06-2006, 05:14 PM
richp5
Cruiser

I own a two rail model with the rock guard. Have taken it on trips behind our motorhome the past two summers in excess of 5K miles. Never a problem but you gotta watch the driveways as it will scrape the spare tire up. Like how it stores on the side of our house and my wife has pulled it out and hooked it up for a trip on her own. Course she has the strength of ten men.

Old 03-06-2006, 06:09 PM
DanTMan
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I looked into the Kendon but was concerned about the skinny little ramp to get the Electra Glide onto.

Quick Reply: Kendon Folding Trailers?