General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
DMSC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Watch your temper!

I take note of this little tidbit...

"Police say Mosier does have a criminal background.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;They say he was convicted of manslaughter in 1974."

Not that it makes any difference in this case.&nbsp\\; This woman had no way of knowing of his prior violent behavior.&nbsp\\; It does lend more credence to her side of the story.

As for having pulled a gun during a prior incident, I'd think that the fact that she didn't shoot anyone then may actually help here current situation.

I think this is one that will take a bit of sorting out...maybe by grand jury or a trial jury...

Old 06-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: DMSC

I take note of this little tidbit...

"Police say Mosier does have a criminal background.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;They say he was convicted of manslaughter in 1974."

Not that it makes any difference in this case.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; This woman had no way of knowing of his prior violent behavior.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It does lend more credence to her side of the story.

As for having pulled a gun during a prior incident, I'd think that the fact that she didn't shoot anyone then may actually help here current situation.

I think this is one that will take a bit of sorting out...maybe by grand jury or a trial jury...
&nbsp\\;
You're right he had an issue in 1974.&nbsp\\; She had a Weapons issue in Mar of 2008.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Since he had an issue 34 years ago I could see why he obviously was a bigger threat.&nbsp\\; Seriously since she had 2 gun&nbsp\\;issues in 3 months who is the bigger threat on societyy????????&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 09:41 AM
TideRKC
Tourer

ORIGINAL: PITA

^ nope,&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;just be aware. But real mature response...
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I was actually&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;out in Massachusetts&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;just weeks ago where some schmuck and his terrier climbing all over him in his S class Merc cut me off on the highway.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Screamed my *** off at him, and as he just sat there smugly grinning I&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;remembered thinking he was likely packing.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Guns just breeds cowards like this woman.
&nbsp\\;
Interesting that you assume a bad driver that doesn't react to you screaming at him must be packing

Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Buddha4
You're right he had an issue in 1974.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; She had a Weapons issue in Mar of 2008.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Since he had an issue 34 years ago I could see why he obviously was a bigger threat.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Seriously since she had 2 gun&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;issues in 3 months who is the bigger threat on societyy????????&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Well, he was the one who got off of his bike and approached her vehicle.&nbsp\\; No matter what else happened, IF he'd stayed on his bike, this wouldn't have happened.

I've had more than my fair share of incidents with dumbass cagers over the years...maybe due to the fact that I ride to work almost every day and I work downtown in a medium/large city.&nbsp\\; Though I've wanted to dismount and have a "talk" with a cager many times, I know the danger of doing so and never actually done it.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
TideRKC
Tourer

ORIGINAL: madden23

I know it's our contitutional right to bear arms, but having a gun permit should be harder to get&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;than a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;****ing drivers license, some people should NOT EVER be allowed to own a gun, mandatory training, pschological screening, etc. Mind you I'm am not against gun ownership, I think it's a great deterrent, it gives caution to the baser elements out there knowing that honest citizens might be armed(bad guy's will always be armed). They both made big mistakes, so far only one of them has payed a price.
&nbsp\\;
The problem is who makes the rules?&nbsp\\; Many states for years had "shall issue" polices where a permit was to be issued unless it could be proven there was cause not to issue to a particular person.&nbsp\\; In practice very few were issued permits.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 AM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RDM

ORIGINAL: TwiggyAZ

ORIGINAL: RDM

You're very lucky they didn't call the police and report you for threatening them with a gun. It might have ended differently for you if they had taken that path.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Their very lucky I didnt shoot them.I DID tell the police about it and gave them the jerks&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;plate number.I wont go into the rest. Its a mute point.Im not going to be threatened by a semi, or a biker, or anyone else.I have a near miss with a cager probably 80% of the time I ride my bike and I have never done anything about it.I always avoid the situation at all costs.And I dont get pissed off that easily.I know most people dont look for me or cant see me and a I also know the cage always wins.And a Semi is a no brainer too.Guess you had to be there.As I said,I wont be threatened.Period.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Just wondering, since you already knew you were dealing with jerks, what if they hadn't backed off or decided to respond in kind to your display of force?
&nbsp\\;
Not sure what you mean.They DID respond in kind.They backed off and we went on our way.I stopped at the cop shop and reported what happened.The rest is a long story.Its a small town.Several motorcops,friends.If they hadnt backed off?Speculation,dont know.We were close to the cop shop so I was headed there anyway.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:15 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am sitting here reading this B.S. If I approach your vehicle to argue, discuss, or question your actions. That does not give you the right to shoot me. If it is shown that he threatened her than she may have an excuse. A man does not threaten or assualt women and threatening other men can get you killed too. But talking or shouting is not a shooting offense even in Texas. If you or someone else had shot me or one of my kids and I did not get justice in the criminal court system-than I would seek justice personally.&nbsp\\; THERE IS NO DEFENSE FOR SHOOTING AN UNARMED MAN OVER ROAD RAGE . If later this is proved to be a clean shooting which I doubt than it is what it is.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 10:16 AM
sweet07
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: MyFirstHD

What if she almost ran his a$$ over while talking on the cell phone.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
What if she was cutting in and out of traffic with her SUV and almost slammed into him.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
What if she almost killed him and he was about to give her a piece of his mind.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
????????????????????????????
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
what if.......... what if.......... what if..... eye for an eye?!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:29 AM
notorious
Road Captain

&nbsp\\;I recant, not worth the time......

Old 06-20-2008, 10:33 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: RoadKingRon1

Damn, this is becoming a tangled web.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Two hot heads, 1 armed, 1 shot and 1 immoral 15 year old punk.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Yalanda, hmmm....15 year old punk kid.....I'm drawing my own conclusions now....[:@]
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Thanks to the guys keeping us informed.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Please keep it coming...
&nbsp\\;
Yalanda's spokesperson is someone called Chrisopher 2x, check out his wikipedia bio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_2X
&nbsp\\;
I posted earlier that I thought the cops were afraid to arrest her, now&nbsp\\;we are beginning to&nbsp\\;see why.
&nbsp\\;
I wonder how long before the wonderful Rev. Al&nbsp\\;makes an appearance.&nbsp\\; Provided of course he can drag himself away from shaking down corporations and his IRS audit.

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!