General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 05:42 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Watch your temper!

I am talking about the big picture here. Sure you will have sad instances like this, but no one really knows what happened here. Would you like me to send you the thousands of stories where peoples lives have been saved because of our right to bear arms? Bad guys still have guns in Canada, and Britain, but the the good guys don't. I like our system better.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:52 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn, this is becoming a tangled web.
&nbsp\\;
Two hot heads, 1 armed, 1 shot and 1 immoral 15 year old punk.
&nbsp\\;
Yalanda, hmmm....15 year old punk kid.....I'm drawing my own conclusions now....[:@]
&nbsp\\;
Thanks to the guys keeping us informed.&nbsp\\; Please keep it coming...

Old 06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
PITA
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That may be, but I still prefer knowing, especially with two young sons, that 99%&nbsp\\;of road rage incidents&nbsp\\;up here don't have a&nbsp\\;gun anwhere near the scene. Guns and rage don't mix.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 07:26 PM
RDM
Road Master

ORIGINAL: TwiggyAZ

ORIGINAL: RDM

You're very lucky they didn't call the police and report you for threatening them with a gun. It might have ended differently for you if they had taken that path.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Their very lucky I didnt shoot them.I DID tell the police about it and gave them the jerks&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;plate number.I wont go into the rest. Its a mute point.Im not going to be threatened by a semi, or a biker, or anyone else.I have a near miss with a cager probably 80% of the time I ride my bike and I have never done anything about it.I always avoid the situation at all costs.And I dont get pissed off that easily.I know most people dont look for me or cant see me and a I also know the cage always wins.And a Semi is a no brainer too.Guess you had to be there.As I said,I wont be threatened.Period.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
Just wondering, since you already knew you were dealing with jerks, what if they hadn't backed off or decided to respond in kind to your display of force?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:35 PM
madden23
Road Master

Sad state of affairs and wrong on so many levels, presumably guy was cut off or nearly missed by SUV, get's pissed off,wittingly or unwittingly she was first aggressor, he wants to give her a piece of his mind, and play's in traffic, sorry you won't win that one, third mistake he get's off his bike, to confront her, Ok she slams door into him, fine, still feels threatened, shoots him point blank in the chest, OK, but if she felt so threatened why would she then procede to taunt and kick him(along with her son) after he was down, that's a little damning if you ask me. I know it's our contitutional right to bear arms, but having a gun permit should be harder to get&nbsp\\;than a&nbsp\\;****ing drivers license, some people should NOT EVER be allowed to own a gun, mandatory training, pschological screening, etc. Mind you I'm am not against gun ownership, I think it's a great deterrent, it gives caution to the baser elements out there knowing that honest citizens might be armed(bad guy's will always be armed). They both made big mistakes, so far only one of them has payed a price.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:43 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: PITA

That may be, but I still prefer knowing, especially with two young sons, that 99% of road rage incidents up here don't have a gun anwhere near the scene. Guns and rage don't mix.
But that's the problem... you don't know a darned thing. What you prefer is the false sense of security a law provides. If laws were worth a damn to criminals - and assuming it’s already illegal in your area to commit homicide - by your logic, there would be no homicide due to the mere existence of a law preventing such a thing.

The reality is that you and your two young sons are at the mercy of any armed person you encounter.

Other than utilizing some quick wit, or taking advantage of a fleeting opportunity for escape, you have no means to deal with an imminent threat to your life, or the life of those you love. This is the nature of being disarmed by your government\\; the criminals who prey upon the law-abiding have a guaranteed surplus of helpless victims.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:46 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Old 06-19-2008, 11:12 PM
LilBudyWizer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MyFirstHD

What if she almost ran his a$$ over while talking on the cell phone.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
What if she was cutting in and out of traffic with her SUV and almost slammed into him.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
What if she almost killed him and he was about to give her a piece of his mind.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
????????????????????????????
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
What if she were a crazed maniac with a gun looking kill the first dumb sob that gave her half a reason to shoot him?

Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 AM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: LilBudyWizer

ORIGINAL: MyFirstHD

What if she almost ran his a$$ over while talking on the cell phone.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
What if she was cutting in and out of traffic with her SUV and almost slammed into him.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
What if she almost killed him and he was about to give her a piece of his mind.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
????????????????????????????
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
What if she were a crazed maniac with a gun looking kill the first dumb sob that gave her half a reason to shoot him?
&nbsp\\;
+1 I cant wait to find out how this one ends....Sounds........Fishy Yolanda!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:27 AM
DMSC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PITA

That may be, but I still prefer knowing, especially with two young sons, that 99%&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;of road rage incidents&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;up here don't have a&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;gun anwhere near the scene. Guns and rage don't mix.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Funny...in my experience, more than 99% of the "road rage" incidents around here HAVE a gun near the scene and end peacefully.

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!