General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:32 PM
sbergloff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Watch your temper!

ORIGINAL: RoadKingRon1

ORIGINAL: sbergloff

ORIGINAL: Redmondp

He has a nice bike. Check out the pix's
http://www.whas11.com/perl/common/sl...www.whas11.com
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;
His bike is NOT blocking her\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; she could have drove by him as he was getting off.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I think she wanted to shoot him.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
Were you there?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; 4 witnesses 4 differing stories....There is an investigation, then maybe we will learn what actually happened.....sad
lots of supposition and innuendo but short on the facts.....
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
traffic may have played a factor in blocking her escape?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; maybe?
&nbsp\\;
You're right.&nbsp\\; It's easy for me to say what she could have done after the fact without knowing half of it.&nbsp\\; I just can't see how shooting an unarmed&nbsp\\;50 year old man in the chest at point blank range&nbsp\\;is the best option.&nbsp\\; I hope he makes it, and it will be interesting to see what the investigation uncovers.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:46 PM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Scary all around.&nbsp\\; I hope someone monitors and let's us know how it turns out.&nbsp\\; For me, I would hope I drove away pissed on both the bike or if I were in the cage.&nbsp\\; But if some 54 year old man on a sportster charges my wife...I would expect her to drive around and attempt to get away first...otherwise, I would wish the guy the best.&nbsp\\; My wife is deadly with a frying pan...never mind a .38.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:01 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: RDM

You're very lucky they didn't call the police and report you for threatening them with a gun. It might have ended differently for you if they had taken that path.
&nbsp\\;
Their very lucky I didnt shoot them.I DID tell the police about it and gave them the jerks&nbsp\\;plate number.I wont go into the rest. Its a mute point.Im not going to be threatened by a semi, or a biker, or anyone else.I have a near miss with a cager probably 80% of the time I ride my bike and I have never done anything about it.I always avoid the situation at all costs.And I dont get pissed off that easily.I know most people dont look for me or cant see me and a I also know the cage always wins.And a Semi is a no brainer too.Guess you had to be there.As I said,I wont be threatened.Period.
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

She's screwed:
Police say woman who shot motorcyclist had pulled a gun before

Jeffersonville Police tell Fox 41 News Tuesday's road rage shooting involving a Jeffersonville woman was not the first time she's pulled a gun on someone.

Detectives say Yalanda Parrish was involved in another road rage incident back in March. In that incident, Parrish told police she pulled a gun on someone because she felt threatened, but did not shoot.

Police are now looking at surveillance video of Tuesday's shooting in hopes of uncovering more details.

Police say the incident lasted about 10 or 11 seconds. But they say their technology doesn't allow them to enhance the video any more. It's grainy, but does give them more information into the shooting. But the shots fired were not caught on tape because the SUV obstructs the view.

Yalanda Parrish told police she fired in self-defense. Witnesses say motorcyclist Wesley Mosier was weaving in and out of traffic, preventing the SUV from passing. Parrish said she shot Mosier after he approached her SUV and threatened her.

Mosier remains in serious condition at University Hospital. A prosecutor will decide if charges will be filed.

Police say Mosier does have a criminal background. They say he was convicted of manslaughter in 1974.

Late Thursday afternoon, Yalanda Parrish released a statement about Tuesday's shooting incident. She says, "I felt and still feel that this incident should have never manifested itself to this level...this whole situation has definitely affected both families in a very profound way."

Family spokesman Christopher 2x spoke to the family Thursday morning about this incident and about the alleged behavior by Parrish's 15-year old son. Witnesses said they saw the teen taunt Welsey Mosier after he had been shot. 2X says, "I think if she could do this all over again, she probably would have wished there was some other alternative."

Parrish and her family chose to release a written statement because her family has retained an attorney.Police say woman who shot motorcyclist had pulled a gun before

Jeffersonville Police tell Fox 41 News Tuesday's road rage shooting involving a Jeffersonville woman was not the first time she's pulled a gun on someone.

Detectives say Yalanda Parrish was involved in another road rage incident back in March. In that incident, Parrish told police she pulled a gun on someone because she felt threatened, but did not shoot.

Police are now looking at surveillance video of Tuesday's shooting in hopes of uncovering more details.

Police say the incident lasted about 10 or 11 seconds. But they say their technology doesn't allow them to enhance the video any more. It's grainy, but does give them more information into the shooting. But the shots fired were not caught on tape because the SUV obstructs the view.

Yalanda Parrish told police she fired in self-defense. Witnesses say motorcyclist Wesley Mosier was weaving in and out of traffic, preventing the SUV from passing. Parrish said she shot Mosier after he approached her SUV and threatened her.

Mosier remains in serious condition at University Hospital. A prosecutor will decide if charges will be filed.

Police say Mosier does have a criminal background. They say he was convicted of manslaughter in 1974.

Late Thursday afternoon, Yalanda Parrish released a statement about Tuesday's shooting incident. She says, "I felt and still feel that this incident should have never manifested itself to this level...this whole situation has definitely affected both families in a very profound way."

Family spokesman Christopher 2x spoke to the family Thursday morning about this incident and about the alleged behavior by Parrish's 15-year old son. Witnesses said they saw the teen taunt Welsey Mosier after he had been shot. 2X says, "I think if she could do this all over again, she probably would have wished there was some other alternative."

Parrish and her family chose to release a written statement because her family has retained an attorney.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:30 PM
PITA
Cruiser

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
&nbsp\\;
...only in the States.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PITA

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
\\\\\\;
...only in the States.
I guess you better stay away then.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:22 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: PITA

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;
...only in the States.

Riiiiiight!! And in Iraq and Jordan and Israel and Afghanistan and Egypt and Russia and Mexico and Africa and South America. In fact every where in the world has real bad people in it meaning to do you and your family harm. I thank God I live in a country that gives me the right to protect myself and my loved ones from them.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:27 PM
PITA
Cruiser

^ nope,&nbsp\\;just be aware. But real mature response...
&nbsp\\;
I was actually&nbsp\\;out in Massachusetts&nbsp\\;just weeks ago where some schmuck and his terrier climbing all over him in his S class Merc cut me off on the highway.&nbsp\\;Screamed my *** off at him, and as he just sat there smugly grinning I&nbsp\\;remembered thinking he was likely packing.
&nbsp\\;
Guns just breeds cowards like this woman.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:29 PM
PITA
Cruiser

TXSwede, that guy who got shot was someone's loved one, lot of good your "freedoms" did him...

Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
cray49a
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now don't start blaming the gun sht.&nbsp\\; I do admit that some people who recently acquire a weapon seem to act impowered tho.&nbsp\\; Shame on her. DUMAZB!

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!