General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
brickie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Watch your temper!

Anyone notice the part about the two eye witnesses seeing her and her son yelling and kicking him as he lay in the culvert after she shot him. If that is true she is in a world of ****!!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: barjbar

She'll go to prison. \\\\\\; She easily could have put the vehicle in reverse and left the scene for one instance. \\\\\\; There's no justification \\\\\\;for her shooting an unarmed person. \\\\\\; \\\\\\; The defense attorney will say us bikers are so scarry she feared for her life.
I don't know where you come from but here in Fla there is no law that says you have to run away.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (01-26-2024)
Old 06-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: brickie

Anyone notice the part about the two eye witnesses seeing her and her son yelling and kicking him as he lay in the culvert after she shot him. If that is true she is in a world of ****!!!!
&nbsp\\;
They'll claim that they were just applying pressure to the wound

Old 06-18-2008, 11:03 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Beercan321

I’m certainly not defending the woman but I could see how she felt threatened. About 5 years ago I was at a stop light on a 3 lane highway. A guy jumped out of his car ran to the vehicle behind him and started throwing punches through the open window. The guy was punching a woman in the face! The woman put her window up and locked her door. The guy was punching the glass and pulling on the door handle trying to get into her car. The entire time he was screaming at her for tailgating him. Numerous people in surrounding cars were on their cell phones calling the police. I have no idea what the outcome was but I assume the guy was arrested for assault.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Road rage definitely is a dumb idea. I’ve been tailgated, cut off etc while in my car and on my bike. The best thing to do is shrug it off. There are a lot of nut cases out there and you could get seriously hurt if you **** off the wrong person…or in this case possibly threaten someone who is armed.
funny how these folks are so quick to get all road ragey if its a woman that they think they can intimidate.

bet neither would have pulled that on a guy that was thier equal in size.

road ragers are bascially cowards.

DuciDay (01-26-2024)
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anyone read the part where she told the operator he hit her with his fist?&nbsp\\;

I'm guessing she made a dumb mistake on the road and pissed off/scared the guy on the bike and it escalated from there.&nbsp\\; We will see what happens.

She had a permit.
She was in fear for her life.
He assaulted her (allegedly).She DID NOT run.She will get Off.

If it was my wife I would hope she did the same thing.&nbsp\\; I don’t care if he was on a bike or not.&nbsp\\; Besides, what’s a 52 year old MAN doing getting into a fight with a woman?&nbsp\\; Big TUFF GUY.

DuciDay (01-26-2024)
Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like she needed a Trunk Monkey ...

http://www.trunkmonkey.com/content/view/28/59/

Old 06-18-2008, 11:46 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Read this article from MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25250900/
&nbsp\\;
from the article\\;
&nbsp\\;
"The woman said, 'No you don't,' and opened up the door,
tried to hit him with the door and she shot him," she said.
"Point blank." The witness said she didn't believe Parrish was justified.
"I don't think she had the right to shoot him because he wasn't,
he didn't do anything wrong," she said.
"He just got off his bike and walked back there.
He wasn't nasty with her or anything else."
The witness also said she saw Parrish's 15-year-old son
exit the SUV and begin kicking and taunting Mosier after
the shooting. Another witness on the report said he saw Parrish join in, too. "

I'm guessing the cops are afraid to arrest this woman
stay tuned, this isn't over by a long shot. (pun intended)
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Medicfrost
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's angering that this happened, but I want to see what will transpire next.&nbsp\\;I was struck in the leg&nbsp\\;by a woman that weaving in and out of traffic on the Interstate earlier this year, and was driven off the road.&nbsp\\;I followed her another 1/2 mile to get her license plate number, got off at the next exit, and called the police.&nbsp\\;Because there was no damage to my bike, they said they weren't going to do anything.&nbsp\\;When I asked how someone can hit me with their vehicle while driving wrecklessly and not be charged with anything, and they said I was just as guilty as her, because I left the scene of the incident to follow her and get her plate number.&nbsp\\;They said I should have stayed on the side of the interstate, and call them.&nbsp\\;I asked them how helpful would it be if I had no tag, or get struck by another vehicle on the side of the interstate,&nbsp\\;and they said I was still guilty of leaving the scene of an accident.&nbsp\\;INSANE!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:15 AM
Edmo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There was a similar incident which happened&nbsp\\;this past year&nbsp\\;here in Arkansas...
&nbsp\\;
Road rage.&nbsp\\;Both cars stop&nbsp\\;at a stop light.&nbsp\\;First car&nbsp\\;guy gets out and comes back to second car guy and tries to punch him through the open&nbsp\\;window. Second car guy is licensed and carrying a pistol. He shoots &amp\\; kills first car guy.
&nbsp\\;
Verdict? Second car guy is found guilty.&nbsp\\;In Arkansas you have the duty to retreat if it is an option, unless you are inside your home (Ref: Castle doctrine). Since the second car guy had enough room to get around the first car and leave the scene and this&nbsp\\;didn't occur in his home.&nbsp\\;Guilty.
&nbsp\\;
Each state has a slightly different twist on how their laws are written and enforced.&nbsp\\;We'll see how it works out, however if this motorcycle/car road rage incident happened in Arkansas as it was reported in the article she could be&nbsp\\;in big trouble.
&nbsp\\;
My friend asked me why I carry my big and heavy&nbsp\\;Colt 1911 45&nbsp\\;caliber pistol.&nbsp\\;I replied, "Because&nbsp\\;they don't make&nbsp\\;it in&nbsp\\;46."
&nbsp\\;
Edmo

Old 06-19-2008, 04:22 AM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I was cut off last week by a car.&nbsp\\; I rode up to the car to give the person a little talking too.&nbsp\\; Its a lady full arab garb now on her cell phone probably calling the police.&nbsp\\; I just rode off.&nbsp\\; It made me think its all part of being out there on a bike.&nbsp\\; I don't justify the ladies action and with some of the comments and eyewhitness accounts she probably is going to be charged.&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!