General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Watch your temper!

The article states she had a permit, and Indiana is a concealed state. I live in Indiana and have a lifetime carry permit.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:51 PM
UncleDon
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bossman1

Hey Don was that you?????????
Nah,I'm out here in San Diego and it's too hot to ride during the daytime..no fun when it's 100 degrees. Besides,,,I'm a happy guy when I ride. Never in a hurry and I always give the cager the right of way. As Rainman once said, "I'm an excellent driver"

Old 06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Gaffy52
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Difficult one to answer scoobs - I don't think so in relation to firearm related violence, but there does seems to be a huge increase in knife related violence of late.&nbsp\\; I know this is hugely topical for you guys and that the right to bear arms is written in to your constitution, but I am personally of the opinion that if you take firearm weapons away from the masses it cuts down opportunistic incidents like this.&nbsp\\; Don't see how you can do it for knife related crime though.&nbsp\\; Still I don't want to start a debate on this as I know there are many many polarised opinions and also its against forum rules.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:03 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MTBlood

The article states she had a permit, and Indiana is a concealed state. I live in Indiana and have a lifetime carry permit.
Must have missed that in the article. It'll be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:27 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of missing information.Why didnt she roll window up,lock door,show the guy she HAD a gun.Thats what I would have done.He didnt get off that bike because he wanted to say hi.She must have cut him off, something.I can see where she would be scared sh1tless.But there seems to have been time to think before reacting so violently.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Double00Aught
Road Master

Not that I condone shootouts in the streets, but if I'm going any distance I'll throw my .45 in the bag. There are too many crazy folks out there (hence the article) and I'd rather have it and not need it as opposed to needing it and not having it. I'm not one to lose my temper and start throwing rounds downrange anyway.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:33 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Her ol man probably got sick of her insanity and hopped on his bike and left her&nbsp\\;crazy ***...so now she looks for bikers on the highway...taunts them and&nbsp\\;tries to kill 'em.&nbsp\\; OK..maybe not. But..
Sounds like she had a set of gonads just by the slamming of the door into him..sounds like a tough lil bitch and not at all like someone that was fearing for her life. Still, we don't really know what happened. He coulda been chasing her about a dope deal gone bad. Or gave her the clap...or knocked up her lil sister..maybe he just wanted directions...Ok..maybe not...

Old 06-18-2008, 06:37 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

"There seemed to be some aggression between the vehicles going down the road," said Detective Todd Hollis of Jeffersonville Police. "There is one witness that puts the behavior between the two as far back as a mile." (From MSNBC Article)
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
This leads me to believe that SHE was involved in the agression as well.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But even if she wasn't, she couldn't leave the scene?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Go to a populated place and ask for help?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I carry a gun and I would damn sure be sure that someone was going to REALLY enter my vehicle, or hurt me before I'd think about using it.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Beercan321
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m certainly not defending the woman but I could see how she felt threatened. About 5 years ago I was at a stop light on a 3 lane highway. A guy jumped out of his car ran to the vehicle behind him and started throwing punches through the open window. The guy was punching a woman in the face! The woman put her window up and locked her door. The guy was punching the glass and pulling on the door handle trying to get into her car. The entire time he was screaming at her for tailgating him. Numerous people in surrounding cars were on their cell phones calling the police. I have no idea what the outcome was but I assume the guy was arrested for assault.
&nbsp\\;
Road rage definitely is a dumb idea. I’ve been tailgated, cut off etc while in my car and on my bike. The best thing to do is shrug it off. There are a lot of nut cases out there and you could get seriously hurt if you **** off the wrong person…or in this case possibly threaten someone who is armed.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (01-26-2024)
Old 06-18-2008, 08:33 PM
sldavis
Road Captain

Those who say he had to have a gun for her to fear for her life don't know what you are talking about. The guys who pulled Reginald Denny from his truck and beat him were not armed. Personally I think she, if scared, should have driven over his bike and left. But that aside, he is male, she is a female with her kid in the car, and he didn't get off his bike in front of her and walk back there to have tea. My guess is the prosecutor will take it to Grand Jury without arrest,so there is no heat on him from either side, and the Grand Jury wil decide whether or not to indict. She has the gun legally, and has no record. My guess is she gets a no bill from the Grand Jury and walks.

The following users liked this post:
DuciDay (01-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!