General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watch your temper!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rydermike
So you guys mad at her & want her hung high , do you feel this way because it was a biker she shot? would you feel different had it been some jerk in a KIA? Don't let predudice cloud your judgment , she was the one being approached , at least here in FL that alone would be enough to justify you felt threatened , and NO you have no requirement to run from the threat , at least in FL.
You're right about feeeling threatened but after you shoot the person what allows you or the "kid" to kick them? http://www.whas11.com/topstories/sto....11dad06f.html "But according to the witness, the violence doesn't stop there. Several witnesses told police Parrish’s 15 year old son taunted Mosier as he laid in the street with a gunshot wound to his chest."
Hopefully the son can complete his GED courtesy of the state.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:32 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THAT part needs to be addressed seperate from the shooting part , I have NO issue with the shooting , but what followed was totally no class

Old 09-14-2008, 01:42 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RyderMike,
I disagree with you. Some one is a foot off your bike’s fender while riding down the street driving a 4000lbs bullet? If he didnt threaten her and just asked why are you on my ***? This is why there will be a trial. This lady has proved over time she does not have the temperament or restraint to carry. Yes, I carry, and dont agree with what happened but will reserve judgment for the trial. I dont think the news has all of the facts and have their own agenda...

Anything New?

Old 09-14-2008, 11:54 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior

If some *** is driving just a very few feet off my fender , I will accelerate,change lanes or let the idiot go on by , HOWEVER if anyone approaches me in a aggressive way as a pedistrian in traffic , I'd clear out at least one clip , if not other caliber's clip to . My biggest issue either home or out in public might be explaining why there is more than ne caliber in the now dead swiss cheese appearing body of the perp.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Cowboy115
Banned

I dont know but I have almost been run down by some punk who kept staring at my ride and I wish I had a bat to beat the crap out of him through his window. I am not condoling violence but I was mad beyond anything that day. I was cruising back with my girlfriend and a buddy. He almost pinned me into a wall and I was mad because we could of been killed.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master

Originally Posted by rydermike
So you guys mad at her & want her hung high , do you feel this way because it was a biker she shot? would you feel different had it been some jerk in a KIA? Don't let predudice cloud your judgment , she was the one being approached , at least here in FL that alone would be enough to justify you felt threatened , and NO you have no requirement to run from the threat , at least in FL.
If the biker dismounted and she was still in her vehicle, she had a lot of options. Drive off, back up, lock the doors. Usually the law states you have to be in fear of your life to use deadly force. Not every has the same tolerance level for fear. The copper in Sturgis that shot the HA was reportedly getting beat up, via this forum there are many that think he was in the wrong, that a little as.s whooping is no reason to be in fear of your life. This woman, reacted (over reacted in my opinion) to someone walking towards her vehicle. Apparently, there was a previous incident involving this same woman earlier in the year where she only threatened to shoot someone. some ppl just don't have the temperment to handle guns in confrontational situations. me? I like to avoid confrontational situations.

It will be interesting to see if she can convince a jury if she was correct in being in fear of death or great bodily harm.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:41 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior

Thank God , in FL we have the right to protect life and/or property , no matter where we may be . I one way to cleanse the gene pool.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 AM
Cowboy115
Banned

lol I heard in from a buddy here in Tx that if you tell someone "Thems Fighting Words" you can kill them and its legal.......but on this situation, if she was found in the wronge with the first time she pulled a weapon on the person then she should not of been allowed to carry. Depending on where the gun is would also make it child negligence if it was in her purse, her kid could of gotten the pistol and accidently shot her. Was it on her person when she was arrested? are they sure the kid didnt shoot him since he also got down to kick him. Another thing is they more then likely are going to pull up the bikers past, the thing is, she didnt know he was in jail, so how would she think. "oh my he's going to kill me". Theres alot of information that needs to be put out there and asked as well.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by scoobs
Hmmm dont you guys over there have some of the highest violent crime rates around?
Not even remotely.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Mad Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by Photo
Not even remotely.
Hey photo, how can they have high crime rates over there when everybody's packin' and it's not a crime to just shoot. Make my day, maybe we ought to be lookin' at changing some of the laws over here? I have a hard time myself keepin' the old blood pressure down below a 100 when some towel head is tail gating me in his little GTI with the blacked out windows - and doin' it no matter what lane I'm in!

Quick Reply: Watch your temper!